• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Clockwork Planet (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:48 am Reply with quote

Clockwork Planet (TV)

Genres: science fiction
Themes::

Plot Summary: "The Clockwork Planet"

One day, a black box suddenly crashed into the house of the high school dropout Naoto Miura. Inside it was a female automaton. The endless cycle of failure and success.

The world that does change and the mankind that does not change. At a time where reality and fantasy are screaming, the encounters of these two make the gears of fate move!
----------------------------------

Light novel adaptation by the same author as No Game No Life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Heh, they jumped right into the action with the episode without wasting much time. OP song is by fripSide which is pretty recognizable by their style.

I think on most parts, the episode's has that techno intense feel and combined with elements of cyberpunk. Some of the concepts introduced in this show is interesting so far in particular the techo gears. RyuZU's character design is what I had expected and surprisingly, I think they got that CGI part right at least.

Mixed thoughts on the first episode so I hope it improves. I just hope they make Naoto more likable as he doesn't seem like an impressive character to me yet. The fan service felt weird...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Interestingly, the manga I got in a recent Loot Anime was actually of Clockwork Planet, I hadn't read it, but the setting style concept does interest me. Like it is some sort of Mechanus world. So I wanted to like it, and the OP being recognisably from fripside did set up a nice precedent, but as of yet I think that it has too many distractions with things like the MC in general in contrast to the more ecchi parts. It feels like it is going too separate ways with young looking main characters, and then sexy things, or at least they were not meshed together well so far. Kind of made something that so far is a little trashy, but I might have the interest still anyway.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Heh, new transfer student....RyuZU looks good in her school outfit.

Episode was okay (storytelling quality wise, it's still bad) but I'm still not getting into the mood of the story much yet. Granted, Marie snapped and showed a more fragile side of her. I honestly want to know more about Marie as this show progresses.

I hope Marie will okay from now on as she is a determined girl.
That destined encounter with RyuZU at the trains station though, really hope pacing picks up from here.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
I thought that the second episode was far better, it felt like less of a focus of young boy in sexy situations, and there was more about Marie being a caring badass. It is better in moving some female characters away from being sex symbols, and being worth more in their own right, which could also be in how he was giving more worth as RyuZU instead of a "clock".

Hopefully it gets better from here, I found myself waiting for when the two groups would meet, and I hope that the entire thing will not devolve into her being tsundere with him. Sigh at her bodyguard pointing out her small assets.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:35 pm Reply with quote
MMM SHOTA BAIT MC GETS A YES FROM ME. Cool

......uh the finger-sucking scene was unnecessarily erotic. >_> lol

But the characters I do like. RyuZu reminds of Saber a little bit with her formal speaking manner except she insults others without realizing it. Anime hyper Naoto is really cute and I'm glad he has a personality. This is the first time I've seen a "clock otaku". And I like Marie as well; she's pretty awesome from what I've seen of her.

The ED has some interesting visuals. Kinda like a vocaloid AMV. lol And fripSIDE is incapable of doing a bad OP so all good there.

Yeah, I could watch this each week.

Quote:
and I hope that the entire thing will not devolve into her being tsundere with him.

Ho ho, I hope it does!! :'D

I dunno if I can get aboard with the RyuZuxNaoto ship. They're cute and all but....she's still a machine. I have a tough time with robotxhuman pairings....for obvious reasons.

I know not many grils have been introduced yet but I'm already dubbing Marie as best gril in this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

If that was indeed the message, I am surprised that they actually said it.

I do think that this series has been getting better, I have been having a more fun time with it. And I think Marie especially is a fairly good character, and that is in the face of her being a young bodied tsundere, she has stayed fun. A strong character in her own right not required to follow her love interest in that he just has to know she likes him, because right now she has him around because she wants to use his ability. Naoto, I think he is also not bad, the only complain I maybe had was a little with motivation, that he wants to meet automatons because he is really into them, but is swayed by the promise of swimsuits. But that was kind of saved that it was because it would be RyuZU would be in a swimsuit, that he is quite into admiring her beauty. I do think that the character chemistry of group is pretty nice, a nice start to a new arc.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

A bit of heroic breakdown as Marie thinks she got him killed. As a viewer not really worried because of course he would be okay, but there was no other way for her to know without coming across as delusional. She had an interrogation scene that seemed in from something in Taken. She could have shown a bit more of her happiness in seeing him alive, but we did see her frustration for some period of time at herself before feeling like she was kind of being silly, like made fun of. It is like everywhere she turns she keeps getting told that it is her fault something bad is going to happen, when really she wants to help others.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Only just now realised that the ED is sung by the same group that has done the OP for Atom: The Beginning, something that suddenly feels obvious as I really grew to like that OP, but generally inconsequential

What is really to say about this show? Was not exactly good, but I kind of liked bits. Naoto grew on me, Marie was overall good if maybe too good with being oh so smart, and the automatons had their place. Which now I think that last bit sounds a bit suss as being servants, but they were worthwhile characters, that I think RyuZU's harsh words could kind of become funny. I would say that I had a good time, even if there was not much in the way of surprises, the best bits seemed to be along the lines of the drama, such as Naoto and Marie being jealous of the abilities of the other, and that it made the climax of the season being them working together, as AnchoR was battling.

I do think that at the very least I was interested by the concept, and although it did not live up to everything I might have hoped, I did enjoy it. Kind of also that it did not always seem to follow the standard sort of plot, the show ended with the main characters declared dangerous criminals, and they were pretty happy with it. I give a rating of So-so (5/10). I said it was not really good, but it did have parts that were half decent, that I actually enjoyed my time with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1