• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2017 News Roundup: Days 1 and 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
So what's the overall consensus this year on Otakon 2017 and the DC Location?
My Otakon days are over but I am still interested to see how the move went since this is the first post Baltimore year..
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
So what's the overall consensus this year on Otakon 2017 and the DC Location?
My Otakon days are over but I am still interested to see how the move went since this is the first post Baltimore year..

This was my first Otakon and first large con in general so I don't have much to compare it to, but compared to what I heard from some other attendees and on this site about other conventions, it seemed to go fairly well. There was a slight delay in setting up bag check on the first day at least at the entrance I went in, but even then it only took about half an hour to get in. There were some technical difficulties for some panels, but it wasn't too bad for the most part. The video was late in the video room I started the convention at, but they still ended on schedule. Traffic flow wasn't really an issue. The food sold in the convention center was a little expensive, but cheaper options were available outside. I personally enjoyed it, so even if it wasn't the best one, it was still a great experience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1