• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
Shame that from the sounds of it Peach Beach Splash isn't all I wanted it to be.

I just wanted something as fun as Splatoon with plenty of cute girl cheesecake, is that too much to ask? Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
And that's exactly what you are getting.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for all 3 EDF games, also Wing Diver The Shooter looks pretty fun and more forgiving than almost any bullet hell out there.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
Gaijinworks already got laughed at for the immensely awkward English dub trailer they released a while back for Summon Night 6. The delay is supposedly extra time for them to get the acting to a more professional level of quality, or so I've heard.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I hope I don't miss the opportunity to get NES Golf on July 11th, 2018. So, what do you do? Do you hold up the Joy-Cons during the menu screen? On the eShop?

CatSword wrote:
Shame that from the sounds of it Peach Beach Splash isn't all I wanted it to be.

I just wanted something as fun as Splatoon with plenty of cute girl cheesecake, is that too much to ask? Sad

The videos of Peach Beach Splash I saw before its release looked like it plays like a low-quality version of Splatoon, made by people who saw Splatoon's success but without understanding why it's such a compelling game. Namely, there doesn't seem to be a reticule in Peach Beach Splash, instead relying on auto-aim, which, honestly, will just become frustrating when playing against human opponents who will find ways to outsmart it. The animation also looked really stiff.
RDespair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Gaijinworks said that Sept 26 is unlikely for Summon Night 6 since the NA PS4 version hasn't been approved by Sony yet. However, the fact that most of the versions/regions have been approved means we should see it very soon (sometime in October most likely).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:

Yes, I too was hoping Peach Beach Splash would be a good substitute for Splatoon since I don't own a Wii U or Switch.

Peach Beach Splash might still be fun to pick up for cheap in a Steam sale though, but it definitely doesn't sound worth 60 dollars.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:34 am Reply with quote
RDespair wrote:
Gaijinworks said that Sept 26 is unlikely for Summon Night 6 since the NA PS4 version hasn't been approved by Sony yet. However, the fact that most of the versions/regions have been approved means we should see it very soon (sometime in October most likely).

Which is fine since I need more time for Ys VIII and Warriors All-Stars. XD
IanC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Peach Beach Splash is a mediocre third person shooter. Plot is thin as anything, and if anyone says that they are playing it for the plot, well the male commentator makes a none too subtle comment about the audience getting hard, which shows just what direction the game is going. Unsurprisingly the only reviews of it online which give it an excellent rating are niche sites which seem to fall over this sort of title (see the Neptunia series for another example)

Plus it has 45 quid of day one dlc. Sod off!

It's also rather tricky to get a game going online, waiting as it "finding players" for several minutes. And it doesn't keep you together for another round so you have to sit through the same old wait.

And yes I have the game. Got the LE from Marvellous Europe, since I quite like the previous Playstation entries in the series. V disappointed. LE is nice though, artbook, OST cd and blu-ray with anime openings from the series.

Just buy Splatoon 2 if you want a fast paced third person shooter. It's better all round.

Also can I just point that Nintendo aren't the publishers or developers of Arcade Archives Mario Bros? Like the rest of the series covering many different arcade platforms on many platforms (for example the awesome Neo-Geo range on Switch, PS4, Xbone, PC) they are handled by Hamster Cooperation?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Arcade-Archives-Mario-Bros--1276808.html
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I go wait decide for my stuff. When i get the game to see if it's any good.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I never really realized that “visual novel-meets-strategy RPG” was a genre, but between Utawarerumono and Summon Night I guess it certainly is.

They've been around much, much longer than that: the first Sakura Wars game came out back in 1996!
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Peach Beach Splash has been an interesting experiment. So far I'm enjoying it but I think the custom load out system is a little odd. I wish they would have devoted some of the load out slots to having multiple weapons and lessened the amount of powers you had. The combat takes some getting used and at times I need to reference the controls but overall I'd say it's a nice filler game to play while I wait for SeVen to release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1