• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, September 10-16 [2017-09-22]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 pm Reply with quote
MHA doing good!
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote
I guess no one in Japan has that Early Pokemon anime Nostalgia like people do in the West?

Because the Misty/Brock reunion episode didn't make it into the top 10.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:36 pm Reply with quote
It seems that not as many Japanese viewers have shown much interest towards the reappearances of Brock and Misty in Pokémon Sun and Moon as U.S. viewers have...
precita

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Deoxy360 wrote:
I guess no one in Japan has that Early Pokemon anime Nostalgia like people do in the West?

Why does this surprise you? It's literally been 15 years since Misty left the anime in 2002. She stayed gone because May became popular right after she left, as did most of the other girls like Dawn, etc.

It was the whole reason the writers decided not to bring Misty back to the cast in the first place and why she was given an early permanent departure from the series unlike Brock who they kept around for 13 years. The older fans who liked Misty either have long since moved on from pokemon, stopped caring, or the ones that came back to watch weren't that many.

I never understood where people got the idea Misty or Brock are so popular from when outside of casual fans, the anime and fans moved on from them over the last two decades. It's times like this I think people forget Misty was only in the anime for 5 years and the anime is 20 years old, Misty is a short-lived character who was only around for like 30% of it's total episodes.
Mmkb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am Reply with quote
precita wrote:
Deoxy360 wrote:

Why does this surprise you? It's literally been 15 years since Misty left the anime in 2002. She stayed gone because May became popular right after she left, as did most of the other girls like Dawn, etc.

It was the whole reason the writers decided not to bring Misty back to the cast in the first place and why she was given an early permanent departure from the series unlike Brock who they kept around for 13 years. The older fans who liked Misty either have long since moved on from pokemon, stopped caring, or the ones that came back to watch weren't that many.

I never understood where people got the idea Misty or Brock are so popular from when outside of casual fans, the anime and fans moved on from them over the last two decades. It's times like this I think people forget Misty was only in the anime for 5 years and the anime is 20 years old, Misty is a short-lived character who was only around for like 30% of it's total episodes.

You came here to check it though, didn't you? Laughing Laughing
Also, I'm literally sure from your speech pattern that you're one of the anons that keeps bugging the pokeshipping tumblr... why do you hate Misty so much, dude? Just let people stan her in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1