• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Reports Increase in Profits in 1st Half of Fiscal Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
Nice to see Toei is doing well.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
If only they wouldn't treat their adaptations like garbage and actually put in some effort into the anime they produce.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
It's sad that one of the shittiest animation companies out there is making so much money.
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Important to note that Toei Animation is the biggest and the oldest(still running) anime Studio.
Also is the one with the biggest financial increase recently(around 10 years ago). Is possible that Sunrise in the year of Love Live, Aikatsu and Yokai Watch peak, surpassed Toei Animation, but that is basically an exception.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Now they need to get the Precure staff to bring the punching and kicking back into Precure. The fighting is boring without it.
Sayuri Lapis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:58 pm Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:
It's sad that one of the shittiest animation companies out there is making so much money.

I think part of it is because of Kira Kira Precure A La Mode. If i'm not wrong, the series is popular in Japan and the movie did very well on the opening weekend.
Sayuri Lapis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Now they need to get the Precure staff to bring the punching and kicking back into Precure. The fighting is boring without it.

Why did they take out the fighting in Precure? I only watched Futari wa Precure and I'm watching the latest season (Kira Kira) and it's quite...different.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Ball was also the top merchandise seller for Bandai Namco. It’s doing very well. Smile
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Sayuri Lapis wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Why did they take out the fighting in Precure? I only watched Futari wa Precure and I'm watching the latest season (Kira Kira) and it's quite...different.

Because it scared little girls and also to fit in with the theme of the anime. I suspect that the
BPO was breathing on their necks to get rid of the punches and kicks and I just don't buy the fighting scared little girls especially in today's Japan, the latter makes sense though although it makes for boring fight scenes, seriously, it does not work well.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 am Reply with quote
joe_g7 wrote:

I's in part of because of them that modern anime exists. That is, the 1958 Toei Animation film "Hakujaden" is considered the firm modern anime.
passer by

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
Important to note that Toei Animation is the biggest and the oldest(still running) anime Studio.
Also is the one with the biggest financial increase recently(around 10 years ago). Is possible that Sunrise in the year of Love Live, Aikatsu and Yokai Watch peak, surpassed Toei Animation, but that is basically an exception.

No. Toei is always on top, from 1940s until now 2017. Sunrise only have Gundam as their flagship, it's Sunrise's main source of Bandai's cash, and their recent new source of cash, Love Live projects, Love Live popularity is dying down after only a year or two, their recent kiddy anime titles are not on par with Toei's Precure earnings, from 2013 - 2016 Toei is on top. And Toei ips have a worldwide popularity, and they also have the best businessmen in the industry.
joe_g7 wrote:

Stop watching Toei's low-budget anime projects, those shit-tier budgets came from the pockets of Shueisha, Kodansha, the TV station, and Bandai. After that, you'll have a different opinion about them.

All of the bad scenes on Toei's cheap anime productions are made in the Philippines.

Their in-house animators are on a different whole new level.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=4O7Wc8SXf_I
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-4J9bu4H9AY
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Eks3oStuQx4
https://youtube.com/watch?v=IaBcAJIaHjw
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
Sad that people here are giving Toei so much flak when Dragon Team has done an amazing job on Super since, really, the Zamasu arc. That's putting aside the fantastic art and fludity seen in recent episodes done by the likes of Yuya Takahashi or Naoki Tate.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
@passer by: Toei might be the #1 Japanese anime studio in terms of animation production. However, including in-between animation/animation assistance, Nakamura Productions is #1 overall. I cite their respective ANN Encyclopedia entries.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The power DB once again helping Toei.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1