• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Baka and Test, Utawarerumono, Burst Angel to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 am Reply with quote
I'm sure these are all fine shows but I do wish Crunchyroll would hurry up and stream Dragon Ball Z already.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:10 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
I'm sure these are all fine shows but I do wish Crunchyroll would hurry up and stream Dragon Ball Z already.
I dont think the DBZ license is your avarage anime license lol. I believe Toei Animation has a major say in the matter.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 am Reply with quote
They have the original Dragon Ball and GT on Hulu and Super is on Crunchyroll, so it's just weird DBZ isn't up on Crunchyroll. If we can't get DBZ for whatever reason, Yu Yu Hakusho would also be acceptable.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
If DBZ did, it would probably be widescreen and I have no desire to see it like that maybe based on the Season Blu-rays. Though they could do DBZ Kai and that would be acceptable. Though the Final Chapters would be in widescreen.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:00 am Reply with quote
First "Koi Koi 7," now "Baka and Test?" Is Crunchyroll running out of good anime to license?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
If we can't get DBZ for whatever reason, Yu Yu Hakusho would also be acceptable.

There was quite a gap between when Funimation first licensed Yu Yu Hakusho and when they were finally able to begin streaming it on their site. I wouldn't be surprised if it were among the more problematic licenses in moving over the subtitled version.

Animeking1108 wrote:
First "Koi Koi 7," now "Baka and Test?" Is Crunchyroll running out of good anime to license?

Aside from the fact that you'll probably get some disagreement on your assessment of the latter, it is one of the titles Funimation brought over, so CR didn't have to go out and seek a license.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:31 am Reply with quote
At this point, I won't be surprised if CR eventually streams 95% of the Funi catalog.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:38 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
At this point, I won't be surprised if CR eventually streams 95% of the Funi catalog.

I think that's the end goal - for CR to have Funimation's entire catalog subbed while Funimation streams their catalog's dubs and simuldubs on their own site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1