• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds 5 More Anime Titles to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:07 am Reply with quote
Noein gets a big thumbs up from me. It has a really sweet visual style (kind of like a messier version of RahXephon's aesthetic) that you don't normally see anymore.
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
Kosaka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yesterday Crunchyroll also added Spanish, French, Portuguese, and German dubs of Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, and Schwarzes Marken for Premium members. Don't know if these will be handled like simulcast episodes, i.e., available for free a week after being available for Premium members.

Release Calendar, Premium Episodes:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/simulcastcalendar?filter=premium
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote
I think Crunchyroll is starting to feel the heat from Amazon and Netflix. They're picking up as many properties as they can in an effort to make them the 'go-to' site when it comes to anime.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
Great! Now I can continue to recommend Noein knowing there is once again a legal outlet. And it's the only show I know of with a cameo appearance by Schrödinger's Cat.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
The Volume 1 outtakes from Noein are freaking *hilarious*. Even if you end up not liking the show (which I liked a lot), it's still worth viewing the outtakes at least once.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
The Volume 1 outtakes from Noein are freaking *hilarious*. Even if you end up not liking the show (which I liked a lot), it's still worth viewing the outtakes at least once.

"Get out of my room, Crispin Freeman!" Laughing

I was a big fan of Noein too. One of the best parts for me was trying to give a crash-course in the interpretations of quantum mechanics to the friends who were watching with me. Very Happy
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote
And good to see we don't have to explain the difference between "Galaxy Railways", and the original "Galaxy Express 999" already streaming on Crunchyroll.

(Yes: They were so desperate for a Matsumoto spinoff, we get a show about all those modern trains that were going in the other direction...)
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

"Get out of my room, Crispin Freeman!" Laughing

So are these "outtakes" part of an English release? Are they the "bloopers" that I see advertised on the box for the final DVD. If they were in English, I wouldn't have paid attention to them. I listened a little to the dub on my DVD set from Media Blasters and cringed.

The only extra I recall is the travelogue around Hakodate with director Akane Kazuki and lead seiyuu Kudou Haruka. At one point Akane described Kudou using either the word for "cute" or the word for "scary" (which sound rather similar). The translator chose the latter.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:06 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
The only extra I recall is the travelogue around Hakodate with director Akane Kazuki and lead seiyuu Kudou Haruka. At one point Akane described Kudou using either the word for "cute" or the word for "scary" (which sound rather similar). The translator chose the latter.

If you have the first DVD of Noein, click on the Noein symbol on the main screen (IIRC), not on the labels for various things like episodes and extras. In other words, the outtakes aren't labelled as such. Yes, they're from the dub, and yes, they're really funny. The other disks have outtakes as well, but they aren't nearly as funny as the disk 1 outtakes.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see Arc-V has started back up. I was beginning to worry after 4 months of no new episodes.

It's nice to see more FUNi titles added as well. Hopefully they'll add The Woman Called Fujiko Mine soon.
Songster01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Feeling nostalgic seeing Noein again!
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I recommend watching Yu Yu Hakusho and Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V because it's YGO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1