• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BONES' Hisone to Masotan TV Anime Reveals 11 Cast Members, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:04 am Reply with quote
This artwork kind of reminds me of "Doraemon".
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 am Reply with quote
*Sees Tomoyo Kurosawa*

Yup, there’s now no way that I won’t be watching this when it airs. Hoping that Crunchyroll grabs this for simulcasting.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:45 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, the lazy-looking characters kinda intrigues me Cool
Their ambience reminds me of Nichijou, though the plot seemed like it's gonna be different.
Mhora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 am Reply with quote
I will always check out original anime projects. Most light novel and manga adaptations are dull, safe, fluffy, lazy, seen-it-before projects and not worth watching. I rarely want those shows anymore. This sounds intruiging and fun.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
I will always check out original anime projects. Most light novel and manga adaptations are dull, safe, fluffy, lazy, seen-it-before projects and not worth watching. I rarely want those shows anymore. This sounds intruiging and fun.
I get Light Noels, but Manga?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
I love this art style.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Those character designs are weird. Hopefully the story is interesting and the animation is exquisite.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
Can't dragons fly on their own?

This seems to be an odd mix of anime originals Girls Und Panzer and Cross Ange without the, um, the... How should I put this? "JSDF"? Point, reason for conflict, end goal. Call it what you will. Plot.

Quote:
It is said that dragons have a key to the future of the world...

So don't expect a lot of combat then? In Cross Ange, the dragons were a literal key so this show is not helping its case for being an "original" anime original. Still, the dragon seems to be named like a fighter jet and it's not a girl but it seems to swallow her in order for her to fly it which is a very roundabout way just to describe how she transforms into a dragon fighter jet. Ok, it makes more sense than Upotte?

I suppose I can say that the art style doesn't smell.

It's BONES. I've seen how they complete shows based on incomplete sources and I've seen them attempt shows on their own. My favorite show of theirs remains FMA Brotherhood where they left all the creative heavy lifting to people who can do it.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Those character designs are weird. Hopefully the story is interesting and the animation is exquisite.
I think it looks weird because the heads usually what you see on short/chibi like characters. Because of the low line mileage, having "exquisite" animation may be possible.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:

Sounds like you’re being cynical just for the sake of it as none of what you said is close to true. Especially manga, like that’s just not even trying to get people to take this seriously.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I already love and want to protect Hisone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
The emphasis on work overalls reminds me of Patlabor somehow. Fantasy anime is never to my liking, though the costume design here is so utilitarian as to be refreshing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Hahaha, the lazy-looking characters kinda intrigues me Cool
Their ambience reminds me of Nichijou, though the plot seemed like it's gonna be different.

Yeah, the overall aesthetic is strongly reminding me of Nichijou, and in my book that can only be a good thing.
I bet simple character designs like these will offer ample animation potential.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
The Hitomi girl has some really interesting frumpy hair. I kind of like it, but I don't think I'd be excited for this show at all if not for THAT STAFF yo.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Really strange and interesting mix of stuff here and a rather impressive collection of staff. Quite intrigued.

Zin5ki wrote:
The emphasis on work overalls reminds me of Patlabor somehow. Fantasy anime is never to my liking, though the costume design here is so utilitarian as to be refreshing.

Yeah, it does remind of that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1