• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Manga Gets TV Anime by Wit Studio

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile, the publication of said manga tragically has been discontinued here due to "lack of interests." Alas Sad

Last edited by L'Imperatore on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
This is exciting. I've never read it but I've heard a lot of good things about Vinland Saga so I'm definitely looking forward to this.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
So many people I know have always praised this manga so I'm looking forward to this!
donhumberto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Whaaattt?!!!! This can't be real. On the same day we get the confirmation of a new Yoshitoshi Abe series we get this announcement and only a week after new Boogiepop !!! Well, now it's safe to say that 2018 is pretty much going to kick the rest of the decade's ass anime-wise Laughing Laughing
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:29 am Reply with quote
It was a matter of time but F**K YES! LET'S DO THIS!
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
Too bad it's Amazon streaming. Say goodbye to any chance of a home video release if PonyCan is involved in any capacity, and even then it'll probably take years after it's streamed. Monkey paw = curled.
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Meanwhile, the publication of said manga tragically has been discontinued here due to "lack of interests." Alas Sad

But that doesn't seem to be the case? [quote=https://www.amazon.com/Vinland-Saga-10-Makoto-Yukimura/dp/1632366304/]Volume 10[/quote] is listed to come out in June.

And even if it was the case they would likely restart again because of an anime coming out. That always seems to boost manga sales.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Marzan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:19 am Reply with quote
Bloody hell , yes yes yes!!! Awesome. Seeing Askeladd animated. I cannot believe it.
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:24 am Reply with quote
What? What?! WHAT?! Shocked Very Happy

And here i'd thought the Mob Psycho sequel would be the best news this week! Wow, i never thought i'd see the day...though i can't help being nervous since this is one of my favourite manga of all time and i really want the anime to be good.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:35 am Reply with quote
So is this like Amazon's second try in anime? They just announced a bunch of stuff.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:44 am Reply with quote
Great news! Love this manga, hopefully this will give a boost to the manga sales as well.

The series isn't *all* action, but from what i've seen of Studio Wit (AoT, Kabaneri) their style fits the visceral violence Vinland Saga does have. Will be great to watch.
TemplateR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
So is this like Amazon's second try in anime? They just announced a bunch of stuff.

What other stuff the announced?

Edit: Nevermind, I just found the announcement.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:51 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

It's not Amazon try - it's pure initiative of Twin Engine, Kouji Yamamoto (former executive director of NoitaminA) production network. And most likely because Yamamoto was affiliated with Fuji TV and NoitaminA, Amazon (who hold exclusive streaming rights to current NoitaminA shows) has some kind of contacts with him at western release front.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
Well, despite Amazon having a delay in some of their episodes for some of their shows, I am more forgiving of them getting new anime than the Netflix method of binge-watching.
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:11 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

It's not Amazon try - it's pure initiative of Twin Engine, Kouji Yamamoto (former executive director of NoitaminA) production network. And most likely because Yamamoto was affiliated with Fuji TV and NoitaminA, Amazon (who hold exclusive streaming rights to current NoitaminA shows) has some kind of contacts with him at western release front.

Exactly! Amazon has been very lucky, the latest anime they've picked up has been incredible successes. By the way, I read that the commission system will be different, it will not be like the current system. That's interesting, is not it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4