• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces 9 Titles for Spring Season Dub Lineup, Including Same-Day Tokyo Ghoul:re

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Tokyo Ghoul:re will also be getting a subbed simulcast on Hulu.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Well Funi/CR seem to be starting off strong. I’d definitely like to see CR pick up Yamato 2202 as well, though maybe after they finish 2199.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
An excellent selection! Couldn't agree more. Very Happy

Too bad Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku didn't make the cut, though. Sad
catbot158

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
18 FREAKING TITLES!!! Shocked
Most of them are sequels, but still! That's a lot of anime! At this point they might as well open a second studio! Anime hyper
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I mean this has to be one of the strongest season ever just looking at the line-up.

Also 2 same-day dub from FUNi! Very nice.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I'll be curious to see what the plan is for the Full Metal Panic dub. Chris Patton hasn't recorded anything major Funimation recently, and Hillary Haag hasn't done anything with them at all. I suppose reprising roles might entice them, but being available for that long, and tacking on travel time, is a big commitment.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Please Please Please let Chris Patton and Hilary Haag return for their rolls
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Planned simulcast schedule this season:
Boku no Hero Academia 3-simuldub
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory-simuldub
High School DxD HERO-simuldub
Isekai Izakaya-CR

Space Battleship Tiramisu-simuldub
Shokugeki no Souma 4-CR
Steins;Gate 0-simuldub
Sword Art Online Alternative-probably Aniplex USA or CR for the NA audience

Tokyo Ghoul:r-simuldub
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai-HIDIVE

"Megalo-Box" and the new "Cutie Honey" are the only others to licenses that I want to see. Netflix USA, stay away!

Left over: Katana Maidens, Darling in the Franxx, Clear Card, and Grancrest War.

Last week, Monica Rial did a YT live stream where she said was working on TG:r (I think writing for it): youtube.com/watch?v=hZNuWLP75xc. I don't know if broke any NDAs,

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
So many sequels and spin-offs, I'm only seeing two dubs I'm really interested in. Good thing I have a HiDive account, I might be going there for the bulk of dubs of new shows.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'll be curious to see what the plan is for the Full Metal Panic dub. Chris Patton hasn't recorded anything major Funimation recently, and Hillary Haag hasn't done anything with them at all. I suppose reprising roles might entice them, but being available for that long, and tacking on travel time, is a big commitment.

Hilary was a minor character in "Trinity Blood". For Chris, being in L.A. now, they could always use something like SourceConnect.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

I feel like Patton will come back since its a sequel. Most recently he's been in Handa-Kun and Saiki K so it's not impossible for them to get him. Funimation has proven that they will more often than not try and get original actors for sequel shows.

You already know Luci Christian, Monica Rial (if her character appears), and Vic Mignogna will be in it. If Patton comes in, Hilary Haag more than likely won't be far behind.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Funimation is dubbing the new LoGH show; that is very surprising, especially considering that Sentai might not dub the old series. Is Funimation trying to mess with Sentai/HIDIVE's dubcasts initiative?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is one of the first instances since the Funi/Cr partnership where a show Funi gets will not be simulcasted on CR. That may have to do with the fact that CR doesn’t have the first season of Ghoul.
Edit: CrunchyRoll teased that they might simulcast TG:Re https://mobile.twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/979112505262841856

Last edited by LegitPancake on Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
All this and I still don't think they are done. Good job Funimation I can't wait for golden kamuy among all these others. I really thought Viz Media was going to try and snag it with how excited they were when they licensed the manga.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wow this is one of the first instances since the Funi/Cr partnership where a show Funi gets will not be simulcasted on CR. That may have to do with the fact that CR doesn’t have the first season of Ghoul.

They could always announce them later, so I probably wouldn't read into that too much at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4