• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Kasane Film's Teaser Video Reveals September 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kasane's face is so hideous, you couldn't bear to look twice at her

I don't think casting a pretty actress with a fake scar lives up to that.

I'm a bit behind in reading the Manga, so I don't know how it's done later, but at least in the beginning, you never get a proper look at her face. It's always obscured by hair and/or shadows. However, I was under the impression she's supposed to be conventionally unattractive.

If her face could be "fixed" with a bit of plastic surgery and make up, the story'd lose it's premise.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:52 am Reply with quote
Oh well, like the person above, I'm also disappointed with how they make Kasane's face. Her face is supposed to be extremely repulsive in the original manga, so I thought they'd be making a special makeup or mask that looks monstrous. Like, misaligned jaw and teeth, eyes that look so ominous and so on, basing on her appearance in the manga. Instead they just make the scar that looks extra fake. Huh.

This Kasane still looks considerably pretty except for her facial scar.
catbot158

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:59 pm Reply with quote
This is reminding me of the 2004 Phantom of the Opera movie when the Phantom gets unmasked and it's like...dude, it's a sunburn. There's nothing there, what are you getting angsty over? Calm down.
Kasane can definitely cover up that scar with a good amount of foundation and blush. Or just become the Joker. Anime hyper
Syapaaye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Kinda proves the whole point of "main role will always be played by someone good-looking" in the original source, eh. Laughing Even when the character is supposed to be ugly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1