• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kingdom Hearts Singer Hikaru Utada Divorces Husband

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Well, so much for singing about "Oath", huh. But jokes aside, I hope she's alright. Her life has not been easy.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She then switched music labels last year and released her newest album Fantôme in September, her first in eight years.

She switched labels AFTER Fantôme. Fantôme was actually released in September of 2016, not last year.

Quick marriages almost never work out. I'm not surprised.

Let's also not forget she's doing the Kingdom Heart 3 song(s) "誓い" \"Don't Think Twice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuSh4-cbAOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2vEr-618g
Stevangelion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope she is okay.

That being said, I think it's time I get famous and attempt to woo her! She is so beautiful and has the voice of an angel.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

She switched labels AFTER Fantôme. Fantôme was actually released in September of 2016, not last year.

Thank you very much for pointing that out, we've corrected the article.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
RitsuLaw wrote:
Well, so much for singing about "Oath", huh. But jokes aside, I hope she's alright. Her life has not been easy.

How so? Because she's divorced two times now and switched her label? Its not always the Husbands fault a marriage dont work out, Wifes can be the reason as well.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Sheriru wrote:
How so? Because she's divorced two times now and switched her label? Its not always the Husbands fault a marriage dont work out, Wifes can be the reason as well.

You're focusing on the article content itself that hardly tells you her entire life, her mother also passed in a pretty unfortunate fashion. That was a while ago but she took a lot of time off over it and it could not have been easy. She's also more or less come out as bi around the time of her last album too, I'm not sure if there's been any media blow-back from that in Japan or not though.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't even aware that they were having issues so this is a surprise. Though her private life is something she likes to keep under wraps for the most part. It's a shame it didn't work out, because like the first commenter said she's had to deal with a lot of unfortunate things in her life. I wouldn't be surprised if this colored the tone of her next album.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1