• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Licenses Mob Psycho 100 Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this! Very Happy
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
They're never going to finish publishing it. Dark Horse's track record with manga is so sketchy that I'm skeptical of any new license they get, look at what's happened with Blood Blockade Battlefront and how long it took for the last few volumes to even have a release date announced. It's all because they only care about their stupid Fight Club comics.

I hate to be a pessimist because it's nice seeing it licensed, but given past transgressions (hi Eden) I can't trust DH to be reliable.

Last edited by ZeetherKID77 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calico

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Neat. I just hope they don't abandon it for years like they do with some of their licenses.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 pm Reply with quote
This really makes you wonder what Viz are doing.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this title doesn't suffer the same sort of fate other titles in DH manga line suffer.

I also wonder what is spurring DH to announce their titles exclusively on CR?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Finally someone picked this up. Yet the anime was picked up and released a year ago,
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
*gasp* Neat! Here's hoping they'll actually finish it (16 seems like such a big number for them to count to, after all). Guess it'll have to sell really well.

Still a big step up from Udon though, who licenses manga and just never publishes even a single volume. At least a few vols of Mob Psycho are sure to come out!

Also, I had kind of assumed Viz had dominance over all things Shonen Sunday, but I guess not? Speaking of Ura Sunday though, the Sinbad spinoff from Magi runs in that, wonder if they'll grab that (maybe as cash cow Magi main series comes to an end in a little over a year and a half?)
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Zawa: Viz is terrible at making picks, nowadays. But in some ways, they’re not totally wrong, given the fragile manga market here.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I'm glad someone licensed Mob Psycho 100. And while I admit Dark Horse doesn't have the best track record with manga released (still waiting for volume 15 of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service), Mob is complete and is getting an anime sequel, and maybe they'll release 8 omnibus volumes instead of 16.
Saito?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Sorry Dark Horse, but I'm still waiting (not holding my breath) for MPD Psycho and Eden...
MeisterMitch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Finally! I'm glad someone licensed Mob Psycho 100. And while I admit Dark Horse doesn't have the best track record with manga released (still waiting for volume 15 of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service), Mob is complete and is getting an anime sequel, and maybe they'll release 8 omnibus volumes instead of 16.

Even though Dark Horse is releasing Berserk?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh, absolutely not. I placed a preorder for the Wish omnibus in June 2016 and it still hasn't come out! RG Veda omnibus volume 3? September 2016!

No way am I starting up a new Dark Horse series.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Also, I had kind of assumed Viz had dominance over all things Shonen Sunday, but I guess not?

After Yen Press got Silver Spoon, that seemed to indicate that Viz was willing to let others publish recent Shogakukan titles that they didn't want to.

Part of me still wonders what they were smoking when they passed that series up, but Yen is a decent fit for it, as is Dark Horse for Mob Psycho 100. Like others here, I do hope they'll print the whole thing, but you're right in that at least they're more reliable than Udon!
PmChivas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
I would be excited if I wasn't waiting for the last few volumes of Bride of the Water God. So, yeah, DH, anytime you feel like releasing the remaining volumes, which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 left in the series, that would be nice. And I've been waiting since 2015 to collect the last few volumes!! 2015!! Evil or Very Mad Until then, I'll be happy for other fans, but you're not getting any of my money until you release my missing books.
zandam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
PmChivas wrote:
I would be excited if I wasn't waiting for the last few volumes of Bride of the Water God. So, yeah, DH, anytime you feel like releasing the remaining volumes, which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 left in the series, that would be nice. And I've been waiting since 2015 to collect the last few volumes!! 2015!! Evil or Very Mad Until then, I'll be happy for other fans, but you're not getting any of my money until you release my missing books.

Yey! I'm not the only one, who is still waiting for the last volumes of BotWG... Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2