• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, June 17-23 [2018-06-19]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slowzhand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Bang Dream! is a Sentai title, not Maiden Japan
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I am very pleased how great the Re:Zero dub is. Its definitely worth a buy.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll hasn't even shipped my Re:Zero order yet, and I'm sad. Crying or Very sad

By the way, I heard someone claim that the video quality in the set isn't great. Can anyone here comment on that?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Yea, Crunchyroll (part 2 is on sale there along with Tanya and WorldEnd for $32 for members btw) JUST mailed my Re:Zero package, and it won’t be delivered until Monday! It kinda defeats the purpose of a preorder if it’s delivered nearly a week after release date.

And the reddit thread with claims that the BD video quality is even worse than screenshots of CR’s own stream can be found here.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Yea, Crunchyroll (part 2 is on sale there along with Tanya and WorldEnd for $32 for members btw) JUST mailed my Re:Zero package, and it won’t be delivered until Monday! It kinda defeats the purpose of a preorder if it’s delivered nearly a week after release date.

And the reddit thread with claims that the BD video quality is even worse than screenshots of CR’s own stream can be found here.

Yeah, I just bought part 2, Tanya, and WorldEnd. Really been looking forward to the Tanya BD. Also, if the stuff about the Re:Zero bluray is true, I'm a bit disappointed, but a) I can't really see the difference unless I squint really hard, and b) I still want to support the show and would like to have it on my shelf, so I don't regret buying it.
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

there are times when the picture quality can get noticibly worse, but I don't know if it was bad masters or bad compression.
professorwho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
FUNimation has no quality control. I've called them out on it for a while to no response. (Though I did get one from a certain person over at Crunchyroll, who, let's say likes Lupin III)

I would avoid it if it's a blind buy, as the streams on CR look way better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1