• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Anime Stars Haruka Shiraishi, Manami Numakura

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
Wow, The premise is more cringeworthy than I thought, did someone honestly think just because the lolicon is a grown woman, it gets a free pass and the story instantly becomes cute?
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Wow, The premise is more cringeworthy than I thought, did someone honestly think just because the lolicon is a grown woman, it gets a free pass and the story instantly becomes cute?

Well as long as the maid doesn't try and do inappropriate things to the girl then it should be fine.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
did someone honestly think just because the lolicon is a grown woman, it gets a free pass and the story instantly becomes cute?

Actually, yes, someone did. And the story IS cute.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:05 am Reply with quote
I imagine this could be cute, but it's also equally likely to be disgusting as well. If it's anything like what Sena does to Kobato in Haganai, I can easily see myself not watching it at all.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:09 am Reply with quote
The base concept of a girl who has some emotional problems and attacks their maids, and the maid who can stand up to her is a nice enough idea.
But the actual maid in this is gross. I read a couple of chapters of the manga and she's like "I'm only interested in girls who haven't had their first period". I don't know if she actually does much to the girl beyond being a bit lecherous but that comment was super gross.
Chinatsu Yoshikawa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
People complaining about loilcon anime crack me up. If you don't like it, don't watch it. There's between 30-50 new shows airing every season so watch another genre.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:35 am Reply with quote
I am amazed with the anti-loli comments here. I would rather have a cute, ultra-rare, yuri-loli anime than a generic, unoriginal, "cute girls + lucky guy" harem/isekai/incest/self-insert series. And yes, I am hype for this anime. Haruka looks a bit like Kobato from Haganai. Frankly, Haganai should have been a cute yuri love story about Sena and Yozora and a bit of Sena's obsession with Kobato trying to make her their love child.
Angel Investor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 am Reply with quote
Not particularly interested in the manga or the upcoming anime, just here to enjoy the offended soccer mom comments. It's a fictional comedy manga, why are people taking it so seriously?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:47 am Reply with quote
Chinatsu Yoshikawa wrote:
People complaining about loilcon anime crack me up. If you don't like it, don't watch it. There's between 30-50 new shows airing every season so watch another genre.

Angel Investor wrote:
Not particularly interested in the manga or the upcoming anime, just here to enjoy the offended soccer mom comments. It's a fictional comedy manga, why are people taking it so seriously?

They must be triggered that it is not their typical harem anime. No boring male lead to put themselves into to create an illusion of being in heaven where they are surrounded by a group of overly sexy waifu everyday.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 am Reply with quote
So there's this, Happy Sugar Life, and Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita all upcoming... is this a trend? What's next, is Yuzumori-san going to be animated or something?

For the reference, this does bother me, because sure, plenty of anime air every season, but it's not like yuri makes up the bulk of that, no matter how generous you are about the definition of yuri. WRT anime as a whole, three shows doesn't make a huge difference, but for yuri, three is too many. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what others think, but I don't really want this many shows colouring people's impressions about yuri (or lesbians in general, even if you want to say that lesbian and yuri don't totally overlap). Kanamemo's existence is bad enough.

John Hayabusa wrote:

They must be triggered that it is not their typical harem anime. No boring male lead to put themselves into to create an illusion of being in heaven where they are surrounded by a group of overly sexy waifu everyday.

Yeah, okay, you hate male-self insert characters, you don't need to say it a million times, everyone knows.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:02 am Reply with quote
I'm always up for Doga Kobo's cute girls shows.
Crext

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 am Reply with quote
The art style in Gabriel DropOut made it epic, and the best part was Satania for sure. I know nothing about this, but if it becomes a "staring Satania" then this might become a next level meme generator...
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 am Reply with quote
I was expecting Satomi Arai to play as the Lolicon Maid since i was expecting another pervert role Arai will be playing.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:28 am Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
So there's this, Happy Sugar Life, and Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita all upcoming... is this a trend? What's next, is Yuzumori-san going to be animated or something?

For the reference, this does bother me, because sure, plenty of anime air every season, but it's not like yuri makes up the bulk of that, no matter how generous you are about the definition of yuri. WRT anime as a whole, three shows doesn't make a huge difference, but for yuri, three is too many. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what others think, but I don't really want this many shows colouring people's impressions about yuri (or lesbians in general, even if you want to say that lesbian and yuri don't totally overlap). Kanamemo's existence is bad enough.

John Hayabusa wrote:

Yeah, okay, you hate male-self insert characters, you don't need to say it a million times, everyone knows.

Be grateful that yuri is growing slowly but steadily for the past several years. Otherwise, you would be clamoring for a tiny puny fragment of yuri from female-dominated series that are yuribait and hetero, or where the yuri-shippable girls belong to the, you know, male-self insert character.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
[quote="John Hayabusa"
Be grateful that yuri is growing slowly but steadily for the past several years. Otherwise, you would be clamoring for a tiny puny fragment of yuri from female-dominated series that are yuribait and hetero, or where the yuri-shippable girls belong to the, you know, male-self insert character.[/quote]

Sure. Rolling Eyes
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4