• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ingress Anime Reveals Cast, Story, Worldwide Netflix Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Fuji is really expanding business: first its broadcasts to Amazon, now Netflix and a new block. By the way, I've never heard of this studio. The promotional image has already made it clear that it will be in CG. Well, let's see how this is going to be. When Fuji invests in something is always good to have a look.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Okay but where's the Pokemon Go anime?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Okay but where's the Pokemon Go anime?

Been running since 1997.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:49 pm Reply with quote
So noitaminA 2.0 is on Netflix? Hehehe…

Plot-wise, seems sort of interesting, though I'm more interested in it with its connection to Niantic and Pokemon GO. I hope Craftar's CGI craft is good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
So noitaminA 2.0 is on Netflix? Hehehe…

Plot-wise, seems sort of interesting, though I'm more interested in it with its connection to Niantic and Pokemon GO. I hope Craftar's CGI craft is good.

Well, so far, only for this show outside of Japan. I don't think Netflix was willing to offer enough money to prevent airing on the Fuji TV broadcasts in Japan.

As far as the CG I'll wait and see but I have low expectations given their only past work is Soutai Sekai / The Relative Worlds last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnOnuVy0WM
The rendering is better than Polygon's but it seems they made the same mistake in following the same method they and Studio 4C use for animation
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 pm Reply with quote
plot sounds interesting enough but honestly I'm not holding my breath on it being a big hit
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:08 am Reply with quote
Is it weird that I hope, while the subbed version of this is on Netflix, the dub ends up on Toonami? I get that would be a strange arrangement, but if there's any anime that would be a good one to try that with, it's this one. Ingress is largely considered a pseudo-prototype to Pokémon GO...
donhumberto

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote
Pretty much my most anticipated show for Fall. I love me some good ol' sci-fi thriller a la Psycho pass/GITS and this one looks to fit the bill perfectly.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:48 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Is it weird that I hope, while the subbed version of this is on Netflix, the dub ends up on Toonami?

If even Seven Deadly Sins, which had a great dub, Funimation owns home video license, and it is right up Toonami’s alley genre-wise, couldn’t play on TV, I seriously doubt this will either.

Also, for some reason, Crunchyroll News is saying this will be “simulcasted worldwide via Netflix.” Unless their definition of simulcast has changed, I seriously doubt that.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:59 am Reply with quote
Wait Netflix in the US knows what the terms Simulcast and worldwide release means when it comes to anime now? Is this character development I'm smelling?

Well anyways any anime with "The Animation" in the title I noticed isn't really good for the most part so I think I will pass on this one.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
Fuji is really expanding business: first its broadcasts to Amazon, now Netflix and a new block. By the way, I've never heard of this studio. The promotional image has already made it clear that it will be in CG. Well, let's see how this is going to be. When Fuji invests in something is always good to have a look.

All I know about the studio is that Kenji Kamiyama (GITS: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East) is the co-CEO last I checked
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Pretty much my most anticipated show for Fall. I love me some good ol' sci-fi thriller a la Psycho pass/GITS and this one looks to fit the bill perfectly.

This.

The title image had me interested immediately and if this is like that it'll be right at the top of my interest list.

Chiyosuke wrote:
All I know about the studio is that Kenji Kamiyama (GITS: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East) is the co-CEO last I checked

Cool! I'd forgotten about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1