• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Super Neptunia RPG Game's Opening Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I WANT to enjoy it in both sub and dub...but ever since Erin Fitzgerald was repalced the dubbed Noire just ruins the experience Sad

New VA has NO emotion behind her. (four goddesses was like a robot reading lines without any effort.)

Will still enjoy it in sub i guess though. (i really wish mroe retro style games were made as they typically have really good gameplay)
tomdean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 am Reply with quote
The western version of the Neptunia series is very different from the Japanese version. I don't understand why the studios think western audience wouldn't enjoy the same dialogues. Some of the conversations are just cringe-worthy, Why do they insist on butchering or dumbing down the works and characters? It doesn't happen with the Chinese and Japanese versions neither. Do they think the western games market are for pre-teens only?

If that is the demographic then, it makes sense. But last I checked, the majority of console owners are in their 30's, the same group which grew up on Mario 64, Golden Eye and Mario Cart etc.
YumeGipsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
tomdean wrote:
The western version of the Neptunia series is very different from the Japanese version. I don't understand why the studios think western audience wouldn't enjoy the same dialogues. Some of the conversations are just cringe-worthy, Why do they insist on butchering or dumbing down the works and characters? It doesn't happen with the Chinese and Japanese versions neither. Do they think the western games market are for pre-teens only?

If that is the demographic then, it makes sense. But last I checked, the majority of console owners are in their 30's, the same group which grew up on Mario 64, Golden Eye and Mario Cart etc.

I love dubbed Neptunia personally, though It would be nice if they were fully voiced like JP. And if they actually gave separate subtitles for those playing in Japanese who want to experience that script (afaik its still the english lines in subtitles)
tomdean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
YumeGipsu wrote:

I love dubbed Neptunia personally, though It would be nice if they were fully voiced like JP. And if they actually gave separate subtitles for those playing in Japanese who want to experience that script (afaik its still the english lines in subtitles)

I'm sure the dub is very very good; I am just wondering why it's different between the Japanese and the Western version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1