• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mega Man: Fully Charged Animated Series Reveals 2 Trailers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
That actually looked kind of better than I expected. Maybe this won't be so bad.

Oh, Vincent Tong, neat. His voice sounds pretty good and I wouldn't have recognized it at all since I think the last time I heard him was as Gene back in Iron Man: Armored Adventures (loved that show), a much more deep voiced character.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote
I hope that Mega Man: Fully Charged, besides Vancouver-based Vincent Tong, will feature the voices of anime voice actors based in Los Angeles, New York City and Texas, much like Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter V. If I am wrong, why the Vancouverite voice acting industry still has its presence in Capcom's video games?
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quote
Was wondering how they got Vincent Tong but then I learned DHX is a Canadian company which made sense since a similar thing happened with the recent Puzzle Fighter mobile game by Capcom Vancouver which had Tong voice Ryu & Ken so this is pretty good to know. It makes me wonder now if any of the Ruby-Spears cartoon cast will show up in this.
Gasero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
The animation looks quite impressive. I'm not interested in Megaman's annoying sidekick though.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
Not as bad as I thought it'd be, but I'm still guessing it's gonna be pretty bad.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
And to think this couldn't get any more worse, but that annoying sidekick just made me lose all interest. I'll stick with Mega Man 11, at least Capcom knows what it's doing with that.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
I hope that Mega Man: Fully Charged, besides Vancouver-based Vincent Tong, will feature the voices of anime voice actors based in Los Angeles, New York City and Texas, much like Street Fighter X Tekken and Street Fighter V. If I am wrong, why the Vancouverite voice acting industry still has its presence in Capcom's video games?

I'd expect it to solely be Vancouver voice actors.

Just like I'd expected Mega Man 11 and the Resident Evil 2 Remake to be exclusively non-union LA ones.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
The action scenes are good and they have more nostalgic elements in the trailer than I would have expected. The only real issue I can see is the Mega Mini robot that apparently lives in Mega Man's helmet. I get that they wanted to make it more kid friendly by having a character that throws out jokes during the action scenes but that could be a bit annoying depending on how frequently that happens in the show.
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:

Eh, it's kind of in the past at this point, but Capcom and Canada practically went hand in hand back in the 1990s and early 2000s. Though I have the argument that Capcom tends to try and be a video game studio that creates movie like video games, Resident Evil was the first to incorporate Canadian voice acting and acting, as we all know that the current dubbing industry at the time in the States was small and other more well known voice actors were exclusive to Hollywood and showbiz America (eg Nickleodeon), not to mention more expensive. The former voice actor of Claire Redfield for 2 and Code Veronica was also very close to Capcom if I remember, and was the lead actor of the children's show Clown on the Cozy Couch.

Soon enough, Capcom scouted for talent for Megaman Legends and Street Fighter III. The former's voice acting is practically brilliant (Megaman Legends 2, good but Megaman's VA was kinda hit or miss), while Street Fighter III hired Vancouver local rap talent Infinite and Lockdown Records to score up The Judgement Day for the Arranged Soundtrack of New Generation and practically all of the Dreamcast and future ports of Third Strike, not to mention also performing Third Strike's main themes, including what could be the best character select themes in video game history. They put the street in Street Fighter back then, lemme tell ya. Even Infinite's cousin sung Ed's theme in Street Fighter V.

I might be missing some other notable landmarks, but I vividly remember Lucas Gilberson posting up on Youtube redubbed cutscenes of Zero from Megaman X4 and that he and Ocean Group was responsible for the great dub of Megaman X8. While Canada and Capcom might be kind of quiet these days, this is quite an echo.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 am Reply with quote
Looks okay, it has the modern day campiness of kid's entertainment. Bad guys ending up being disgruntled employees than real villains, thrown in a situation with unnecessary sidekicks, mixed with the "let's be friends" attitude.

I will be surprised if this gets a second season. Kid's are smarter than this, they want adventure, not morality tales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1