• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Song Streaming Service ANiUTa Launches in U.S. on August 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote
You know what? This may actually be worth it for me. I've had to jump through a lot of technological hopes to compile my anisong treadmill playlist, and this looks like a much simpler alternative. It will all depend on what songs they have tho, of course.
srlracing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I can finally stop overpaying for imported CD's. I am all over this.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope it (but doubt) it has the option to display songs in their original Japanese titles. The price and quality (320kbps) is very solid. This will be a good deal for WEEBing out. For actually enjoying Japanese music, this is too limited. I still also hope it has more than just "Anime" songs and songs from "Anisong" artists. Anime songs are almost never the best songs from these artists. But it's a nice start, if anything.

Bad tags are still a huge concern I have before I put any more in this. At least they'll let me look at the songs before I pay anything lol.

Buying CDs still seems like the best option for anyone that really likes the music for the music and not just because it was in anime.

edit: Does it even list the proper albums? The screenshot they're showing right now only shows Track/artist/anime but no album in sight. I'd rather it say the proper album than the anime....

Last edited by Kougeru on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Does it even list the proper albums? The screenshot they're showing right now only shows Track/artist/anime but no album in sight. I'd rather it say the proper album than the anime....

Yeah but It's an Anime Song app, it makes sense that the main title is the anime the song is from, maybe later they could add more but for a start is fine
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
FackuIkari wrote:

Yeah but It's an Anime Song app, it makes sense that the main title is the anime the song is from, maybe later they could add more but for a start is fine

I mean, ideally list both...but not listing what album the song is from would just be awkward and would make it impossible to properly track stats if sites like last.fm wanted to add support for it. On local files something like "What anime was it in?" would go in the "comment" tag field. Not a huge issue but it's just an odd decision, if these screenshots are showing everything. They may actually still show the album names, just not on that specific screen so I'm not gonna complain too hard right now.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I like listening to anisongs, but I prefer to buy individuals songs rather than pay a monthly fee. If a yearly subscription around $40 is eventually offered, I will think about it. Also, Aniplex is notably missing from the companies involved.
UltScorpion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
So does that mean that I can finally listening to anime songs legally?

Then I definitely would be up for it if it has enough of the songs that I have interest in, just wish it came earlier like a year or two ago.....
addiemon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely check it out. Hope it legit includes a lot of OPs/EDs and not only OSTs, though also hope it does have OSTs as well.

Sony's the biggest absence off the participation list I can think of, but I don't really know all the big players in the anisong world...hm.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Seems like it'll be worth checking out, hope that it goes well and grows.

It'll be nice if it gets new season songs fairly quickly after their single releases, I've been trying to find a good way of catching up on what's new and this would let me be super lazy about it.

Last edited by TsubomiKoneko on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
addiemon wrote:
I'll definitely check it out. Hope it legit includes a lot of OPs/EDs and not only OSTs, though also hope it does have OSTs as well.

Sony's the biggest absence off the participation list I can think of, but I don't really know all the big players in the anisong world...hm.

Yeah, I agree. But I think what's more likely is that it includes, say, whole albums and singles. So you might not get the OPM soundtrack, but you'll get the THE HERO single, maybe the JAM Project album that has this hot fire remix.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
This looks appealing and I’ll be sure to check it out to help it be successful. I’ve been upset at iTunes not having music that I would like to download, so this could very well turn out to be the next best thing, so I’ll take it. I just hope that on the day it releases, it won’t have too many bugs.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a music streamer. I have a ton of anime cds that I've bought over the years along with songs from Itunes.

Speaking of which, I'm very amused that in the picture they're showing that one that songs they're adverting (The Hero!! ~Ikareru Ken ni Honō o Tsukeru~) is in fact sometime you can get off of Itunes. Not, kidding, in fact I just double checked. You can still buy it there.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I noticed this morning that a lot of songs on my anime playlists have disappeared from Spotify. I wonder if this is related... Confused

For example, the Pillows are completely gone, and Linked Horizon only has one album, the second AToT season. There are others, and I was kind of annoyed because I could not find OPs and EDs from certain Spring Series. Ah well, I might give this new service a try.
_Quasar_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
So why is Sony Music missing? Aren't they a pretty major anison player?
Cave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
UltScorpion wrote:
So does that mean that I can finally listening to anime songs legally?

Then I definitely would be up for it if it has enough of the songs that I have interest in, just wish it came earlier like a year or two ago.....

iTunes! It doesn't have everything and sometimes it doesn't have songs available right away, but I have been using them and able to find a decent amount there.

I'm personally excited for this as someone who works karaoke at an anime con. Will be nice to not have to try and find every song that comes out each season and Youtube is convenient but unreliable. I would definitely buy a sub at least for that month. Otherwise, it might not be worth it for me since I don't typically buy 40+ songs per year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1