• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Double Decker! Doug & Kirill (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill (TV)
(Spinoff from) Tiger & Bunny (TV)

Plot Summary: In the city state of Lisvalletta, the citizens live peaceful lives by day while crime and illegal drugs permeate the area at night. A highly lethal drug "Anthem" has taken hold and the SEVEN-O Special Crime Investigation Unit is tasked with stopping it. Members of the unit operate in groups of two called the "Double Decker System." Doug Billingham is a seasoned investigator, and joining him is Kirill Vrubel, whose abilities are mysterious and unknown.
----------------------------------

First episode is out on Crunchyroll today.

It started off with a more serious vibe compared to the original Tiger & Bunny series. We also got a guy named Doug who holds the Sergeant Rank. The episode introduced the setting and idea of dealing with dangerous criminals.

There are detectives, cops, etc. I think for most parts, the show maintains a feel of the anime I was expecting and there's definitely potential. I enjoyed the original Tiger & Bunny series and this happens to be a spinoff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Doug seems to be a popular Western name this year in anime! Shoji Kawamori's show, Juushinki Pandora also has a character named Doug in it. As someone that just happens to share the name of these two characters, I'm not complaining!
Shawn Shaolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I will check this out. This looks good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote
I was not too impressed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1