• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! Light Novels Get Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:20 am Reply with quote
I imagine the basic story would fit in a cour or so -- it'd be refreshingly complete for a Narou isekai anime.

Quote:
Yamaguchi began the original novel series on the Shōsetsuka ni Narō! website in July 2014, and Ichijinsha began publishing the novels with illustrations by Hidaka in August 2015.

For those wondering how it fits into the overall Narou anime timeline:

Mahouka: Debuted 2008-10-12.
Log Horizon: Debuted 2010-04-13.
Knight's & Magic: Debuted 2010-10-16.
Isekai Cheat Magician: Debuted 2012-04-06.
Re:Zero: Debuted 2012-04-20.
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu": Debuted 2012-10-18.
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Debuted 2012-10-29.
KonoSuba: Debuted 2012-12-20.
Restaurant to Another World: Debuted 2013-01-04.
Reincarnated as a Slime: Debuted 2013-02-20.
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody: 2013-03-03.
Isekai Smartphone: Debuted 2013-04-08.
Arifureta: Debuted 2013-11-07.
My Next Life as a Villainess: Debuted 2014-07-06.
The Magi's Grandson: Debuted 2015-01-02.
So I'm a Spider, So What?: Debuted 2015-05-27.
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!: Debuted 2016-01-14.

Last edited by Shay Guy on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiawase_Rina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:12 am Reply with quote
YES! Bakarina get's an anime!! Finally one of the shoujo isekai get's animated. There is some all around good stuff to be found there! I hope Bakarina will be the start of more to come! I hope for Accomplishments of the Duke's Daughter to get an anime as well! Let's get something new in the Isekai genre!
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am Reply with quote
YES!!! Very Happy Love this light novel and manga series! Best girl is on her way!

Anyone who hasn't read it should know that this is a parody of all the shoujo isekai stories that put the heroine in a world based on an otome game, but they play the main villain instead of the game's heroine. The main character acts less like a normal girl, and more like the genki girl from a comedy anime. I liked it for similar reasons I liked Irresponsible Captain Tylor It's fun, it's kind of meta, and it can get bonkers at times.

Can't wait!!!
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:56 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
I imagine the basic story would fit in a cour or so -- it'd be refreshingly complete for a Narou isekai anime.

Quote:
Yamaguchi began the original novel series on the Shōsetsuka ni Narō! website in July 2014, and Ichijinsha began publishing the novels with illustrations by Hidaka in August 2015.

For those wondering how it fits into the overall Narou anime timeline:

Mahouka: Debuted 2008-10-12.
Log Horizon: Debuted 2010-04-13.
Knight's & Magic: Debuted 2010-10-16.
Isekai Cheat Magician: Debuted 2012-04-06.
Re:Zero: Debuted 2012-04-20.
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu": Debuted 2012-10-18.
The Rising of the Shield Hero: Debuted 2012-10-29.
KonoSuba: Debuted 2012-12-20.
Restaurant to Another World: Debuted 2013-01-04.
Reincarnated as a Slime: Debuted 2013-02-20.
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody: 2013-03-03.
Isekai Smartphone: Debuted 2013-04-08.
Arifureta: Debuted 2013-11-07.
My Next Life as a Villainess: Debuted 2014-07-06.
The Magi's Grandson: Debuted 2015-01-02.
So I'm a Spider, So What?: Debuted 2015-05-27.
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!: Debuted 2016-01-14.

It seems this one was the last on the list to get an anime announcement all the others ones already have an Anime made or have been announced and on the way.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 am Reply with quote
OMG YES YES YES

Bakarina anime finally.

It's the time for the beginning of the otome tensei in anime and starting with their best representative.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
OMG YES YES YES

Bakarina anime finally.

It's the time for the beginning of the otome tensei in anime and starting with their best representative.

Tensei? I heard that this is not the only Isekai about the villain's rebirth in the Otome game.
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
ballinamon wrote:
OMG YES YES YES

Bakarina anime finally.

Tensei? I heard that this is not the only Isekai about the villain's rebirth in the Otome game.

It's definitely not the first of its kind in light novels and manga, but it's the first of its type to be adapted into an anime, as far as I can tell. Which is odd, considering Bakarina is a parody of those types of stories. You'd think producers would go for a light novel series that played the concept straight first...
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
It seems this one was the last on the list to get an anime announcement all the others ones already have an Anime made or have been announced and on the way.

Well, yeah. Because I only listed those ones. Undoubtedly we'll see more.

catbot158 wrote:
It's definitely not the first of its kind in light novels and manga, but it's the first of its type to be adapted into an anime, as far as I can tell. Which is odd, considering Bakarina is a parody of those types of stories. You'd think producers would go for a light novel series that played the concept straight first...

Seeing as KonoSuba was adapted well before many of the popular isekai stories on the site that predated it, I'm not too surprised. My Next Life as a Villainess offers a joke that the more straight-up otome-game-villainess-reincarnation stories don't. That counts for a lot, even though there's theoretically more conflict built into the stock premise than other isekai stories.

For those who don't know, by the way -- yeah, the "villainess reincarnation" premise has been around for a while. It dates back at least to this story from June 2013, though one of the most popular entries (started six weeks later) uses a shoujo-manga-villainess variation. (Curiously, that story doesn't seem to have ever gotten a light novel release, practically alone among the all-time top stories.) I'm not sure if the trend is still going strong; judging from the works with popular fan translations, it may have peaked back in 2014/2015.
Coup d'État

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
Eh, I'd watch the first 1 or 3 episodes of this. I used to really like shojo isekai back in the days.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Maybe with some luck this will mark the beginning of anime adaptations of Otome Tensei in the variation of "villainess reincarnation", that I think is their most interesting variation and with this one being one of the best representatives.

Even for extension true Female Isekai/Tensei WN/LN can be adapted someday. There are the plans for "I Said Make My Abilities Average!" but I would love an adaptation of "Kuma Bear", my absolute favorite someday.
theilikepie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:09 pm Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:
ballinamon wrote:
OMG YES YES YES

Bakarina anime finally.

I'm pretty sure it's a parody of otome games. Not reincarnated into an otome game

But anyway its great it got an adaptation. I hope "walking my second path on life" gets one too. Even though it's not isekai.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
@theilikepie

@catbot158

That is, this is a kind of shoujo-version of Konosuba? Well, I want to say that the idea of ​​a villain who, because of her stupidity, collects a harem from boys and girls when trying to arrange a good route for them is quite funny, if it is intentional. Although judging by the discussions, not everyone understands that this is a parody, and not a serious harem with yuri material.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1