• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System - Case.1 Crime and Punishment

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jroa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
It seems the "Production Info" section below currently reflects the staff of the series, but not the new movie. Either way, I will watch this with moderate to low expectations myself.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I need to get in touch with the encyclopedia staff about that - thanks for the headsup!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
So Gen Urobuchi did not have a hand in the script? Pity.....
pajmo9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I have the two T.V. series and the movie coming trough the mail. This will be my first introduction to the series. My friend suggested it for years but I never got around to watching it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, this sounds pretty great aside from the couple of things mentioned about some of the action and I loved the series, especially that first season and the movie was pretty decent (season 2 was okay). Even more shocking since it seems like there's a lot of Mika and she might actually not suck this time. Really looking forward to when it comes out on disc here so I can see it.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...each one focuses on its own stand-alone story that is both a captivating mystery and a tool for greater exploration of the characters...

How do you know this? Isn't the first movie the only one available for viewing? oO For all we know now, regardless of whether this movie merits that description, the next two could be boring duds full of nonsense like PP2 was, yes?

Kogami is blatantly featured on the promo image, but is not mentioned in the review. Does that mean they're just using him to sell tickets, or does he actually have anything to do in this movie besides a random cameo to justify the promos? I don't need to know what he does, just whether he gets some screen-time as more than a prop.

Or maybe it doesn't matter. Any movie that leans on PP2 existing is probably asking too much of my patience with its storyline. It's an act of cruelty to make people watch that trash for the movie to make sense.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Quote:
...each one focuses on its own stand-alone story that is both a captivating mystery and a tool for greater exploration of the characters...

How do you know this? Isn't the first movie the only one available for viewing? oO For all we know now, regardless of whether this movie merits that description, the next two could be boring duds full of nonsense like PP2 was, yes?

Kogami is blatantly featured on the promo image, but is not mentioned in the review. Does that mean they're just using him to sell tickets, or does he actually have anything to do in this movie besides a random cameo to justify the promos? I don't need to know what he does, just whether he gets some screen-time as more than a prop.

Or maybe it doesn't matter. Any movie that leans on PP2 existing is probably asking too much of my patience with its storyline. It's an act of cruelty to make people watch that trash for the movie to make sense.

Yours and everyone elses lack of patience with psycho pass 2 is disturbing. It wasn't really as bad as everyone would lead to believe. I personally am excited to see these and hope funimation can license and stream them rather quickly
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

The third movie is going to be about Kogami. That's why he's in the third image down at the bottom in the promo picture. There's more info about all three movies in an earlier article that was published on this website. You can read it here.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:48 am Reply with quote
^ Gotcha. Thanks. Good to see that at least Tow Ubukata isn't involved. I wonder how stand-alone these will be, since 2 and 3 look like they might be worthwhile, while I'm not too sanguine about 1, and would just as soon skip it.
Neromon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
So is this movie a skip for those of us who don't want to go through PP2?
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:26 am Reply with quote
...oh wait, so that announcement about Crunchyroll getting Psycho Pass movies DID refer to these after all???

Well that's great, finally! Auuugh!! Jeez!!!
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
...oh wait, so that announcement about Crunchyroll getting Psycho Pass movies DID refer to these after all???

Is that the reason why we're seeing this review on the front page? And does that mean that we're getting a dub?
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Jay_Stone wrote:
Kicksville wrote:

Is that the reason why we're seeing this review on the front page? And does that mean that we're getting a dub?

Gods I've been begging for the dub for 3 years. I WANT IT SO BAD. I miss all the dub cast except spoiler[ for Scott Freeman as Kagari. Which means in this series of films Kagari would get a new english voice actor]
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:51 pm Reply with quote
InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
Jay_Stone wrote:
Kicksville wrote:

Gods I've been begging for the dub for 3 years. I WANT IT SO BAD. I miss all the dub cast except spoiler[ for Scott Freeman as Kagari. Which means in this series of films Kagari would get a new english voice actor]
[/quote]
I didn't know who that was so I looked him up.. bruh. I really did like his voice, what a shame
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Jay_Stone wrote:
Kicksville wrote:

The movies should be streaming on Crunchyroll this evening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2