• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Film Opens on March 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getumbuck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Funimation will ever release the second half of this series. It felt so weird that they stopped right in the middle, even though there were 4 or 5 more episodes still out at the time.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote
This premiere date is pretty close to when episode 23 is supposed to air in Japan. Hopefully they'll finish everything on time, unlike when the last Yamato 2199 compilation movie included an incomplete version of episode 25.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
I wonder if Funimation will ever release the second half of this series. It felt so weird that they stopped right in the middle, even though there were 4 or 5 more episodes still out at the time.

I think they realized episode 13 was a good stopping point, doubt they'll just up and cancel releasing the rest.

I just hope we get Ark of the Stars licensed in the interim.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Yeah, I'm still hoping to watch that movie legally at some point Razz .
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
This premiere date is pretty close to when episode 23 is supposed to air in Japan. Hopefully they'll finish everything on time, unlike when the last Yamato 2199 compilation movie included an incomplete version of episode 25.

Episode 1 was broadcast on the night of Friday, October 5 (more accurately in the early hours of Saturday morning, but it's scheduled in Japan as 25:00 Friday). If they continue on a weekly basis, Chapter 7 opens on Friday March 1, which would be the air date of Episode 22 (the final episode of Chapter 6) if they continue with airing one episode a week. Since the cinema runs have been 4 weeks in select theatres and 3 weeks in the remaining theatres they're playing the films in, the cinema run will end the week that Episode 25 airs (March 22).

They've got nearly four months to finish Chapter 7 of 2202, whereas they had two months at best to finish the last chapter of 2199 because they wanted to launch the TV broadcast on April 7, 2013 (April 7 being the date in 1945 that Yamato was sunk in WW2). After that, they had to put two chapters out in four months, and corners were cut (to the point where the Chapter 7 Blu-Ray was not available on opening day).

MFrontier wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Yeah, I'm still hoping to watch that movie legally at some point Razz .

You could always import the Blu-Ray from Japan. It has English subs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1