• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Reveals Partial List of Anime Leaving Service on November 9, Tentative List of Dub

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Kinda expected, I am REALLY glad I have finished most titles that are being listed (even it's a partial list).

Good luck to those who are trying to clear their queue list as soon as possible, time isn't too abundant even for intense binge-watching (personally, I can't watch more than 6 episodes of anime per day due to work and graduate school at same time)

From now on, we are back to the status-quo 2 years ago (you may argue it's worse), and every season/s announcement may become even more nerve-wrecking (insert why XX isn't on XXX service, expect a lot more of those)

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Ugh this is such balls. I mean I get it, but I signed up again for funimation and have been using their app/website over the past few days and they’re still such garbage. How long has this company been around and yet they still can’t fix the same issues I remember having like eight plus years ago . . .
loveliver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Now about that Re:Zero dub... if Funimation is going to cancel Part 2's release, then I guess Part 2's dub can premiere ON CRUNCHYROLL then?
Zeino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
One gets the feeling that Funimation and Crunchyroll are going be to doing alot of spiting and one-upping each other in the future.
JustStopPlz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
Now about that Re:Zero dub... if Funimation is going to cancel Part 2's release, then I guess Part 2's dub can premiere ON CRUNCHYROLL then?

I'm sure their is a legally binding contract keeps Funimation from doing that. (The terms of the BD release timeframe are not going to be the same as the streaming one.) But you better buy any CrunchyFun BDs while you can since who knows how long they will be available for and it's pretty much a guarantee that they'll go out of print once the contracted time is over.

Crunchyroll is going to have to find a new BD distributor to the rest of their series unless they are planning on going for digital-only releases or maybe even streaming-only. The last thing I knew AT&T/Otter Media did have a BD distribution company unless one is about to bought by them in the coming months.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:44 am Reply with quote
JustStopPlz wrote:
loveliver wrote:

I'm sure their is a legally binding contract keeps Funimation from doing that. (The terms of the BD release timeframe are not going to be the same as the streaming one.) But you better buy any CrunchyFun BDs while you can since who knows how long they will be available for and it's pretty much a guarantee that they'll go out of print once the contracted time is over.

Crunchyroll is going to have to find a new BD distributor to the rest of their series unless they are planning on going for digital-only releases or maybe even streaming-only. The last thing I knew AT&T/Otter Media did have a BD distribution company unless one is about to bought by them in the coming months.

CR could always have sentai distribute. I'm sure sentai would be happy to make a deal like that since they are going to have a full calendar month with no releases in February.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:58 am Reply with quote
JustStopPlz wrote:
loveliver wrote:

They have Warner Brothers, who already distributes for Viz. I’m sure they can handle distribution for CR as well. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they started working with Sentai again, especially considering the two are already mending fences.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:29 am Reply with quote
I wonder if all those dubbed titles listed are leaving Funi then, if so, that is going to be a lot of lost content, especially since it is a partial list.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:40 am Reply with quote
I had no idea that CR had the rights to so many of those dubbed shows, I thought it was only the ones they had dubbed themselves(had dubbed in LA).

Gintama is already on CR dubbed
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
JustStopPlz wrote:
loveliver wrote:

well,unless Crunchy plans to change their stance and replace their anime with the BD versions on the service(at least for the paid subscription),let's hope not,otherwise we won't have legit means to see anime with improved animation and uncensored violence and fanservice(they are showing Senran Kagura uncensored but who knows if that's going to be the norm from now on...)
Mavado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 am Reply with quote
Damn it. Haven't watched Ass Class, Blood Blockade or Grimgar yet, and now it looks like I wont. No way I could finish those in 5 days without calling in sick from work and that's not my style.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:03 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll had railgun? Never knew
loveliver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
JustStopPlz wrote:
loveliver wrote:

well,unless Crunchy plans to change their stance and replace their anime with the BD versions on the service(at least for the paid subscription),let's hope not,otherwise we won't have legit means to see anime with improved animation and uncensored violence and fanservice(they are showing Senran Kagura uncensored but who knows if that's going to be the norm from now on...)

There are always bets that Funimation's Blu-rays will stay in print long after their deal is done, similar to Crunchyroll's former partnership with Discotek Media.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:35 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
Crunchyroll had railgun? Never knew

In their fansub days, they might have had some of Index.

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:
Ugh this is such balls. I mean I get it, but I signed up again for funimation and have been using their app/website over the past few days and they’re still such garbage. How long has this company been around and yet they still can’t fix the same issues I remember having like eight plus years ago . . .

What kind of issue do you have? FUNimation's ps4 app and android app(which I use to cast on my chromecast) have been working perfectly for me. I never have any issue with them. So whenever I see comment like yours I wonder if I'm just lucky or if there is something else.

The UI is pretty bland and could use some refining though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3