• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otter Media Lays Off 10% of Staff in Restructuring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Pretty obvious at this point that AT&T wants all their digital content in under one umbrella, which means firing people who do duplicate jobs in different orgs. Given that Boomerang recently popped up on VRV, I wonder if they're planning to rebrand that as Warner's streaming site.
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Pretty obvious at this point that AT&T wants all their digital content in under one umbrella, which means firing people who do duplicate jobs in different orgs. Given that Boomerang recently popped up on VRV, I wonder if they're planning to rebrand that as Warner's streaming site.

I would be surprised if we don't see consolidation. Thing is, they'll keep what has the most brand recognition. I'd expect traditional Crunchyroll to disappear, and VRV to be renamed Crunchyroll, yet do what VRV was doing.
Weird Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Keep Calm and Carry On...
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I feel bad for these people, though, with the holidays just around the corner. It's a miserable time to be let go.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
Counting its earliest predecessor of the Bell Telephone Company (est. 7/9/1877), AT&T has had a semi-monopoly on it respective markets. One would think with all the antitrust suits and layoffs, they would have realized "we own too much". Well, capitalism doesn't really have concern for that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1