• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hachinantte Sore wa Inai Deshō! Fantasy Light Novels Get Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow, only been a week since the last Narou anime announcement. And this one is a few years older than the last, suggesting the studios might have more to mine from previous years. I don't know if we'll ever be getting an anime of The Ideal Sponger Life, but maybe Only Sense Online? Or Golden Word Master, or (dare I hope) Ascendance of a Bookworm?

I wouldn't recommend anyone get their hopes up for this one. From what I've read, the plot kinda bends over backwards for the hero, almost to Isekai Smartphone levels. Plus there's things like the nun-in-training he gets engaged to, who gets a lot of focus on her tits despite being his own age (read: 12).

The current list, then:

Mahouka: Debuted 2008-10-12.
Log Horizon: Debuted 2010-04-13.
Knight's & Magic: Debuted 2010-10-16.
-Isekai Cheat Magician: Debuted 2012-04-06.
Re:Zero: Debuted 2012-04-20.
Isekai Izakaya "Nobu": Debuted 2012-10-18.
-The Rising of the Shield Hero: Debuted 2012-10-29.
KonoSuba: Debuted 2012-12-20.
Restaurant to Another World: Debuted 2013-01-04.
Reincarnated as a Slime: Debuted 2013-02-20.
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody: 2013-03-03.
Isekai Smartphone: Debuted 2013-04-08.
-Eighth Son: Debuted 2013-06-01.
-Arifureta: Debuted 2013-11-07.
-My Next Life as a Villainess: Debuted 2014-07-06.
-The Magi's Grandson: Debuted 2015-01-02.
-So I'm a Spider, So What?: Debuted 2015-05-27.
-Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!: Debuted 2016-01-14.
-I'll Max Out VIT: Debuted 2016-06-28.
-Demon Lord, Retry!: Debuted 2016-10-10.
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas: Debuted 20??-??-?? (no original URL for the story known, would appreciate if anyone can find a blog post or something that linked to it while it was still online; I can figure out the date from the URL).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:08 am Reply with quote
Assuming it becomes a TV anime, that many published volumes is enough for 52+ epi. I say this because a LN/WN-based anime typically covers 2-3 vol. worth of material. Also, having a kindergartner-age kid as a harem protagonist definitely is going to make this an awkward story.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:41 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

I wouldn't recommend anyone get their hopes up for this one. From what I've read, the plot kinda bends over backwards for the hero, almost to Isekai Smartphone levels. Plus there's things like the nun-in-training he gets engaged to, who gets a lot of focus on her tits despite being his own age (read: 12).

Well, your words have had the opposite effect on me, now I'm very excited lmao.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:06 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Assuming it becomes a TV anime, that many published volumes is enough for 52+ epi. I say this because a LN/WN-based anime typically covers 2-3 vol. worth of material.

Re:Zero covered about eight and a half volumes in 25 episodes. Google tells me that Knight's & Magic did five volumes in 13 episodes. I suspect webnovels tend to have more fat to trim, or tend to be seen as such by anime studios.

Kadmos1 wrote:
Also, having a kindergartner-age kid as a harem protagonist definitely is going to make this an awkward story.

He's 12 years old by chapter 24 of the webnovel. The manga adaptation pretty much jumps right to that point; I wouldn't be surprised if the anime did the same. But yeah, it's awkward.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:16 am Reply with quote
Got a harem tag...again! Whatever. I'm just waiting for that story about a girl that dislike being hurt while playing games.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Anime industry's status:
Lolicon dead, shotacon prospers.
I have no doubt we will see more sexualization going on than for example the "fanservice 100% butchered out" adaptations of series like UzaMaid.
DenimAndLeather

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:20 am Reply with quote
Hm, shota. I'm usually hit or miss with that. The brief synopsis isn't nearly enough to go on so will wait for PVs and more info to come out though I do notice a red haired girl which is my Achilles heel.
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
Assuming it becomes a TV anime, that many published volumes is enough for 52+ epi. I say this because a LN/WN-based anime typically covers 2-3 vol. worth of material.

Re:Zero covered about eight and a half volumes in 25 episodes. Google tells me that Knight's & Magic did five volumes in 13 episodes. I suspect webnovels tend to have more fat to trim, or tend to be seen as such by anime studios.

Both estimates are over generalizing. It varies from story to story, and who's in charge of directing the anime. Death March, another web novel, only covered about three volumes in 12 episodes, and Konosuba had a similar sort of coverage per cour.

So yeah, there's no point in guessing how much anime content raw books can be adapted into, before the anime actually starts airing.
Norm the genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Got a harem tag...again! Whatever. I'm just waiting for that story about a girl that dislike being hurt while playing games.

in fact there are many of these novels, but now they have not adapted any, only a while ago it was announced about a clerk who becomes loli and that of kumo desu ga nanika, but they do not have a release date Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1