• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu!! Manga Gets New TV Anime Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:19 am Reply with quote
Thank you!! Finally!! Now they finally have more than enough materials for a 2-cour season!
Hatsu95

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am Reply with quote
THIS IS IT CHIEF
H@mmerTime

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
About FREAKIN TIME! The hype is ooooon!
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:52 am Reply with quote
I felt like its been such a long time since season 3 ended. I've been holding off on reading the manga with the hope that they'll make another season and it seems like all my waiting is finally gonna pay off.
Crabtree1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
I do hope September is a typo, I can't wait until what would end up being a 2020 air date!

I do wonder why it's taken so long for another series though, according to baka manga updates the 3rd series finished at volume 21, 35(?) came out recently... hmm....
joe_g7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
Crabtree1 wrote:
I do hope September is a typo, I can't wait until what would end up being a 2020 air date!

I do wonder why it's taken so long for another series though, according to baka manga updates the 3rd series finished at volume 21, 35(?) came out recently... hmm....
I doubt it's a typo. Considering the kick-off event is going to be next September, maybe the anime will air in October, just like the last two seasons?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
All these season 4s. How can I hold them all.

Haikyuu!! Ftw. Bring on the inarizakis.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:21 am Reply with quote
I'm not celebrating just yet, not until it's confirmed whether the director and character designer, Susumu Mitsunaka and Takahiro Kishida respectively, are reprising their positions for this next installment, especially since the latter is currently the character designer for JoJo Part 5.
juusee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
THANK YOU
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
I'm not celebrating just yet, not until it's confirmed whether the director and character designer, Susumu Mitsunaka and Takahiro Kishida respectively, are reprising their positions for this next installment, especially since the latter is currently the character designer for JoJo Part 5.

Kishida has worked on two shows simultaneously before, like when he was the character designer on Haikyuu!! Second Season and Durarara!!×2 at the same time. I just hope the previous seasons' chief animation director, Takahiro Chiba, is available after wrapping up Run with the Wind. In my opinion, he's as essential to the show's visual identity as Mitsunaka and Kishida.

Crabtree1 wrote:

I think it had a lot to do with Chiba and the show's other main animators being busy with Welcome to the Ballroom and then with Run with the Wind.
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
This is fantastic news, I've been wishing so hard for another series and now it's confirmed. A bit bummed about the wait but I read the manga so I know the wait will be worth it. In the meantime I wonder if they'll dub and release the season 3 that's already being streamed, that should tide us over until the new series comes out.

Hey, hey, hey = Bokuto!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1