• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanasaku Iroha, Tono to Issho Anime Expire From Crunchyroll

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Guess it’s time to marathon Hanasaku since I never got around to watching it before.
Marzan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
And this is the reason why even in the age of ubiquitous streaming, if you really like something, buy the physical copy. Streaming rights are a finite and fragile thing.
teferi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
And this is the reason why even in the age of ubiquitous streaming, if you really like something, buy the physical copy. Streaming rights are a finite and fragile thing.

Rightstuf also has it on sale for $60 with the movie:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hanasaku-Iroha-Blu-Ray-Bundle

So this is probably the time to pick it up before they clear their stock.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Iroha is easily my favorite anime PA Works has ever put out. It's a shame to see it go.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
This, along with Angel Beats license getting inspire, the rest of my week and most likely next is going to be fill with watching anime from P.A Works to see whether I like them enough to buy on home video, and taking a break from the other shows I am watching save for two with new episodes comes out tomorrow (one of which is another work from P.A Works). From seeing the first two episodes of The Blooming Colors I am liking it so far, but a part of me feels kind of bad in a way that I am watching was is there 10th anniversary anime without seeing their other works that came before this one. Still I am looking forward to seeing more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
Marzan wrote:

Hmm it says page not found
Digi_Michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:24 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
teferi wrote:
Marzan wrote:

Hmm it says page not found

That search result was from our Holiday Sale that has ended. You can still get single copies.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I recommend getting any of the NIS and Pony Canyon licenses before they go out of stock. NIS has only re-released one or two titles as regular blurays (from premium/collector's editions) from a couple years ago like Hanasaku Iroha but have otherwise let their older licenses lapse back to Aniplex or go out of print, likewise with Pony Canyon who hasn't released anything new.

I regret not getting NIS's A Lull in the Sea collector's edition as it's out of print for a while, NIS has not released a standard edition and from all appearances has dropped out of the anime biz. So the only way to get those BDs now is to pay a lot more via ebay scalpers.
harminia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
RIP tono to issho
i love you

gantai forever
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm bingeing Hanasaku Iroha now. Is the movie available streaming anywhere?
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
^ From what I have found the movie can be found on google play and amazon, but you will have to pay to watch it. For google play it's $2.99 for a rent while on Amazon video it's $3.99 a rent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:39 pm Reply with quote
^Thanks! OK, that's legal & much cheaper than buying it on blu ray!
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 am Reply with quote
^ No problem! Enjoy! Anime smile As for me I am going to save up money to buy the Blu-ray of this show as well as the movie since I would like to own physical copies Either that or use the money I got for Christmas. I am kind of deciding which way I should go about it.
CRE040295

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
This, along with Angel Beats license getting inspire, the rest of my week and most likely next is going to be fill with watching anime from P.A Works to see whether I like them enough to buy on home video, and taking a break from the other shows I am watching save for two with new episodes comes out tomorrow (one of which is another work from P.A Works). From seeing the first two episodes of The Blooming Colors I am liking it so far, but a part of me feels kind of bad in a way that I am watching was is there 10th anniversary anime without seeing their other works that came before this one. Still I am looking forward to seeing more.

#1. Don't you mean expire, Aquasakura.

#2. I found the territories list for two aforementioned anime titles on Crunchyroll! Also, Singapore was an only Asian country to watch Tono to Issho on Crunchyroll for some reason.

Hanasaku Iroha

Number of territories: (22)
Canada (CA), Greenland (GL), Netherlands Antilles (AN), Puerto Rico (PR), United States (US), United States Virgin Islands (VI), Brazil (BR), Denmark (DK), Faroe Islands (FO), Finland (FI), Iceland (IS), Ireland (IE), Netherlands (NL), Norway (NO), Portugal (PT), Sweden (SE), Great Britain (GB), American Samoa (AS), Australia (AU), Guam (GU), New Zealand (NZ), United States Minor Outlying Islands (UM)

Tono to Issho

Number of territories: (22)
United States (US), Canada (CA), American Samoa (AS), United States Minor Outlying Islands (UM), Puerto Rico (PR), Guam (GU), United States Virgin Islands (VI), Australia (AU), New Zealand (NZ), Great Britain (GB), Norway (NO), Sweden (SE), Denmark (DK), Finland (FI), Iceland (IS), Ireland (IE), Brazil (BR), Portugal (PT), Singapore (SG), Faroe Islands (FO), Netherlands (NL), Netherlands Antilles (AN)
Violynne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:

The initial launch of the Bluray of Iroha was a cash grab, turning what should have been a fan's appreciation into a hated experience.

It came in two, not one, but two boxes, with cases not in the standard format, making them impossible to place on systems where a case is measured. There was an art book as well, and I found no use for it (never opened it).

At the time, it was the *only* way to get this series in a physical copy.

It's also the very last series I purchased because the entire premise was set up as pure and blatant cash grab.

The book and cases were thrown in so people weren't horrified by the near $200 price tag.

I enjoyed the series. I hated the physical rendition of it, especially since the compression used on the Bluray was so horrible as to cram as many episodes on a disk they could.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2