• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses The Magnificent Kotobuki Original TV Anime (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Any chance that this will also stream on Crunchyroll?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:38 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:

It does say " It will simulcast the anime in select digital outlets...", although they only need to stream on one additional service (such as Hulu) to make that true.

It does seem either Sentai discovered a pile of cash or just decided to go for broke this season. I can't recall them having this many titles in a single season before with the exception of the seasons they were working with Crunchyroll.
Koda89

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
And here we have the other side of the coin of the current arm’s length partnership Sentai and CR seem to be having. It was all fun and games when they were just snagging up the...not so good looking shows, but then something like this happens, and now you got people(including me) scrambling around hoping the show is also on CR. Laughing
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Why will Ellation be bothered when they knew that whatever HiDIVE gets can be streamed through VRV anyway?
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
HoboSoup wrote:

It does say " It will simulcast the anime in select digital outlets...", although they only need to stream on one additional service (such as Hulu) to make that true.

It does seem either Sentai discovered a pile of cash or just decided to go for broke this season. I can't recall them having this many titles in a single season before with the exception of the seasons they were working with Crunchyroll.

That's a good catch, thanks. Maybe we'll see an announcement closer to the steaming date.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:35 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
HoboSoup wrote:

It is interesting how many titles Sentai acquired this season. I've been wondering the same thing about whether there is some sort of deal that gave them a lot more money to use this season, or if they decided now happens to be a good time to step it up since the CR/Funi partnership ended. Most of what we're seeing from Funi seem to be licenses that are left over from then, which makes me wonder if maybe Sentai was able to get more licenses this season because Funi held off in anticipation that the partnership wouldn't renew.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:09 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
HoboSoup wrote:

They always say that, even for HIDIVE exclusives, although it being on VRV would technically make it multiple services.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1