• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actors Yoshimasa Hosoya, KENN Head to Hawaii for Travel Program

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idgal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 pm Reply with quote
so they are going to Hawaii as one of the location? boring
I wish the production didn't play it so safe with the locations choices, Hawaii is so Japanese...
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 am Reply with quote
Idgal wrote:
so they are going to Hawaii as one of the location? boring
I wish the production didn't play it so safe with the locations choices, Hawaii is so Japanese...

Considering Hawaii is close to japan it was probably a cheap & easier option. Now if I were to book a flight to hawaii for one-way is about $1500. And I live in Florida.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 am Reply with quote
The Japanese people are very familiar with Hawaii, so makes sense that would be a good starting point. Though I am curious if they will stick to the well-known locations (LA, NYC, etc) or "go off the beaten path" to see the hidden US that few Japanese tourists get to see.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:12 am Reply with quote
/// excited for this because they play my favorite pairing in my favorite anime, but whatever, I'll just let you guys go back to criticizing their location choices...???

I'd... love to see them do one about New York, though, just because I'm from there...

They should film something like this with seiyuu when they're visiting for some convention. They should... they should do this together with a convention. So then one or the other would save on airfare for them, at least.
And then have their commentary about the American fans lol.

Edit: Okay, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this is being done for Kuronenchuu fans... with the timing (a month before their new episodes), and the fact that the cast change is a big deal, though it might not be to Western fans... it's a big deal especially to fans of either of the seiyuu. (the situation is basically, Hosoya has some vocal condition that makes it hard for him to do singing roles, and he pulled out of one idol series when he went on hiatus, and just recently, he pulled out of another, in which about 1/3 of his character's songs are duets with KENN's character. And their first new songs in 3 years come out literally the month after this airs. (Hosoya is still doing his character's speaking voice).

They probably wouldn't mention it directly, but they'll likely allude to it (like, having something with strawberries).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1