• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Passport to Iron City with Battle Angel Alita Mangaka Yukito Kishiro

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippou_Incognito

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 am Reply with quote
So 20th Century Fox held onto the rights for the movie, and even after 10 years they wouldn't let an new anime release in the meantime? This is really sad.

After 10 years a full anime series should have happened. But I guess that's how the business works.

This was my 1st Viz Media purchase ever, and I still have them, and it got me to focus on manga more and more, leading me away from comic books, and then leading me back into anime.

I'll go see the movie, but after watching Cameron drag this franchise around his watch I can't help but wonder if it will be a shadowed reflection of what he turned his back on.

At least there's hope now that we get a new anime out of all of this, even though it feels right now that the industry has its best of times behind it.
Madzack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:40 am Reply with quote
It must've been really surreal for manga creators seeing Hollywood adapting their works, especially for Kishiro-san.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1