• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying singers, songs and background music.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean66

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:07 pm Reply with quote
celuilui wrote:
I've been rewatching the series(season 1) and chanced upon a melancholic piano track which starts around the 12:00 mark of episode 18 (where tange sensei lectures morita).
couldn't find it anywhere in the soundtrack album, nor did shazam/soundhound work... any ideas?

any help is greatly appreciated!

What's the name of the episode where you found that melancholic piano track so I can try to help you? Thank you.
Jean66

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:36 pm Reply with quote
DarkzKnight wrote:
Hello i'm looking for the bgm of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
it is played just before the ED of episode 7 & 8
i can't find it on the anime ost
any help is very much appreciated

I found the original soundtrack for the anime on iTunes Japan and checked the tracking list on CD Japan. Have a listen to this track. It's might be the one you are looking for. https://youtu.be/OiApmTexatE
celuilui

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Jean66 wrote:
celuilui wrote:
I've been rewatching the series(season 1) and chanced upon a melancholic piano track which starts around the 12:00 mark of episode 18 (where tange sensei lectures morita).
couldn't find it anywhere in the soundtrack album, nor did shazam/soundhound work... any ideas?

What's the name of the episode where you found that melancholic piano track so I can try to help you? Thank you.

hey thanks! episode 18 is called "If Morita-san came back... ... What would she...? Then... / He came back"
it plays at the 12 minute mark
Jean66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
celuilui wrote:
Jean66 wrote:
celuilui wrote:

hey thanks! episode 18 is called "If Morita-san came back... ... What would she...? Then... / He came back"
it plays at the 12 minute mark

I found the soundtrack of the anime Honey and Clover on YouTube. Have a listen. I hope you will find the song you are looking for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0tqJEkGQlA&list=PLF5B6FEAB55A7D307
DarkzKnight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:23 am Reply with quote
Jean66 wrote:
DarkzKnight wrote:
Hello i'm looking for the bgm of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
it is played just before the ED of episode 7 & 8
i can't find it on the anime ost
any help is very much appreciated

I found the original soundtrack for the anime on iTunes Japan and checked the tracking list on CD Japan. Have a listen to this track. It's might be the one you are looking for. https://youtu.be/OiApmTexatE

sorry, it's not the one i'm looking for, thanks though
if you have another lead, please let me know

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Been trying to look for this song for 3 months. Can anyone help? Its start on 2:12:34

https://youtu.be/WyygDmNJSWo
Helsphmi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:10 pm Reply with quote
#891713 wrote:
Been trying to look for this song for 3 months. Can anyone help? Its start on 2:12:34

https://youtu.be/WyygDmNJSWo

This video is delete....maybe new?

bogard087

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:26 am Reply with quote
Hello, In wiche episode(s) we can find this song ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ow4tGgZWk
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:31 am Reply with quote
bogard087 wrote:
Hello, In wiche episode(s) we can find this song ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ow4tGgZWk

Comments below the video say:

"it plays when Motoko escapes from Gouta's organisation in ep 9. It also plays in ep 20 when Batou and Saito go to stop Kuze from meeting that massive cyborg. It also plays in episode 23 when the squad steals that helicopter."

Also, "It also plays when Awashima_seri walks Into a room."

So those seem like leads worth checking out.
VASH0806

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
While I'm glad to help identifying anime music (I've been doing it all the time), be VERY careful where and how you post "sample music". You don't want ANN to be branded as an MP3 exchange center, do you?

Maybe a few rules should be applied, such as the length and quality of the sample music, as well as guides to crop and downgrade music.

Okay so I've been searching for months with luck

In the first episode of Magi: adventure of sinbad season 1 episode 1 the scene after dorias cries and thanks sinbad. He tells everyone his name and his story. The background song is of interest to me and I need a name. Can you help?
CyborgPatriot

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:24 pm Reply with quote
So, for too many years, I've been trying to find a song. It's from GitS: SAC, (season 1), episode 24, "Kojō Rakujitsu ANNIHILATION". It's the song that plays when the Umibozu breach the doors, as Batou brings up his mini-gun. It sounds like cello or bass. I don't have a link on YouTube to the episode, sorry.

The song was then repeated (with a slightly faster tempo, and at a slightly higher pitch) in GitS: SAC 2nd Gig, (season 2), episode 5, "Dōki aru Monotachi INDUCTANCE". The recognizable part starts at 21:07 of the English dub found here:

https://youtu.be/L9Nw_d0pxpg?t=1267

I've tried SoundHound. I've tried listening to the 84 tracks of the OST's. I haven't been able to find it. The closest I've come is on OST 2, "We Can't Be Cool", and that's a stretch. Is it unreleased? Is there a name, a link to some obscure site that it was stashed at? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I feel your frustration. I've been searching for that track for near on ten years. It isn't on any of the soundtrack albums ever released. In the end I recorded it directly from the scene you've linked to, voices, gunshots and all.

Funny that it should be so hard to find. I think it's the best Yoko Kanno track in either of the GitSSAC TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CyborgPatriot

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
I feel your frustration. I've been searching for that track for near on ten years. It isn't on any of the soundtrack albums ever released. In the end I recorded it directly from the scene you've linked to, voices, gunshots and all.

Funny that it should be so hard to find. I think it's the best Yoko Kanno track in either of the GitSSAC TV series.

The super funny part is I think I've now heard it four times, having binged the series again in the last few days. I'm on 2nd Gig episode 24, and it plays as the helicopters start shooting at the refugees during the invasion:

https://youtu.be/cGJiZ23dLEQ?t=329

It's sad, because, no offense to any of the composers, but a few of the songs on the OST's sound like they were made by 3 year olds, just a cacophony of sounds, and they skipped adding this to put each of those in. It makes it worse that I don't even recall hearing some of these in the show, but the song we're looking for has been in 4+ times now.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I did find the slow version on YouTube a few years ago. It involved a lot of searching. I wonder if I can find it again. I much prefer the more urgent version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NonEuclideanCat

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
I've got a buddy going crazy trying to identify this song, she says it was on an old CD that had songs from a bunch of 2002-2006 anime like Inuyasha, Gundam Wing, and Ruroni Kenshin. I swear I've heard it before, or at least the artist, but I can't put my finger on it.

https://soundcloud.com/electrofunk-in-the-trunk/what-is-this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 33