• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia's Horikoshi is 1st Foreigner to Win Korean Comic Award

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm Reply with quote
That's wonderful that his work is recognized to that extent in Korea! I hope the success of MHA inspires other creators to put such care into their characters alongside the stories they tell.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow Korea really loves MHA too.

(Chest-Bump) Respect Hori.
RommieSG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:20 am Reply with quote
One paragraph with a brief news blurb. The rest is an essay on what MHA is. I would have liked to learn more about Horikoshi's reaction to winning the foreign award.

That being said, with all of the news about Korean artists making headlines in Japan it's nice to see that it goes both ways, with Japanese artists affecting the Korean mediums.
shabu shabu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
RommieSG wrote:
One paragraph with a brief news blurb. The rest is an essay on what MHA is. I would have liked to learn more about Horikoshi's reaction to winning the foreign award.

That being said, with all of the news about Korean artists making headlines in Japan it's nice to see that it goes both ways, with Japanese artists affecting the Korean mediums.

It's not all pleasant. There are still a number of controversies between Korean artists in Japan and Japanese artists in Korea. A few months ago a popular Korean band had an appearance cancelled due to anti-Japanese hate speech by one of the members. However It is definitely surprising to see a Japanese artist receive a Korean award
CRE040295

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
shabu shabu wrote:
RommieSG wrote:

It's not all pleasant. There are still a number of controversies between Korean artists in Japan and Japanese artists in Korea. A few months ago a popular Korean band had an appearance cancelled due to anti-Japanese hate speech by one of the members. However It is definitely surprising to see a Japanese artist receive a Korean award

How did you found the source, shabu shabu? What's the name of a popular Korean band that you're talking about?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1