• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach's Tite Kubo Designs Characters for New Sakura Wars PS4 Game (Updated)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Worried this might get censored since it's on a Sony only console. Probably add a lens flare effect. Laughing

DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Shame Kousuke Fujishima isn't back to do character designs, but getting Kouhei Tanaka to do the music again is great. Although I wish he made a completely new theme for this cast instead of an altered version of the original.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
inhales

LET'S DO THIS YOU GUYS

Agree that it's a shame Kosuke Fujishima isn't returning. They could have done worse than Tite Kubo, but for me it's still a solid downgrade.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so that's what Kubo's been up to. Good on him. Surprising that Fujishima didn't come back, but since it's been so long since "So Long, My Love" it's understandable. Still, good they got Tanaka back as composer (it's just not right without his music). Cool it's coming West too. Can't wait.

Also, since Kubo is doing the design, I can't resist:

-Sakura - Hinamori
-Seijuro - Ichigo
-Hatsuho - Ichika
-Clarissa - Orihime
-Azumi - Karin
-Anastasia - Yoruichi

Sakura Shinguji wrote:
inhales

LET'S DO THIS YOU GUYS

Agree that it's a shame Kosuke Fujishima isn't returning. They could have done worse than Tite Kubo, but for me it's still a solid downgrade.

It seems to me Sega is doing what Nintendo did with Fire Emblem i.e. doing a radical redesign to bring in a broader audience and a new generation of fans.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I would have never expected Tite Kubo doing designs for a Sakura Wars game. Nor do I expected this to be a PS4 game only which I really have to scratch my head. You'd think in this day and age they put this game on the Switch as well.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:19 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I would have never expected Tite Kubo doing designs for a Sakura Wars game. Nor do I expected this to be a PS4 game only which I really have to scratch my head. You'd think in this day and age they put this game on the Switch as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go the Valkyria Chronicles 4 route and do a Switch release later.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:36 pm Reply with quote
While I can tell they're in Kubo's style, none of the designs themselves strike me as memorable the way his manga character designs did. Anyone else get that feeling or is it just me?
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope that they'll make musicals featuring voice cast in the roles, just like for the previous games.
JohnHawk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:27 am Reply with quote
If they're doing an Asia release does that mean an english subtitled version for the SEA region as games get from time to time?
Nate148

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
It's coming to the US in English
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:40 am Reply with quote
Great to see it coming out here. Definitely see Kubo's style in those designs. I wonder how many outfits they'll all have Laughing
Trunks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:03 am Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
Worried this might get censored since it's on a Sony only console. Probably add a lens flare effect. :lol:

I'd be surprised if there was any...Sakura Taisen is probably one of the more tame dating sim type franchises out there. They rarely have had anything remotely lewd or risque, the modern Persona games have been far more suggestive in comparison for example.

ST is closer to like, Tokimeki Memorial lol.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:08 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
If they're doing an Asia release does that mean an english subtitled version for the SEA region as games get from time to time?

Doubt it. SEGA very rarely does that. It's coming out in the west anyway.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:37 am Reply with quote
I love Kubo' art and I absolutely love Sakura Wars 1-2 but this just doesn't match up. I don't see Sakura here, it's just a generic anime girl.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 am Reply with quote
Interesting that Tite Kubo is is working as a character designer for a video game. Being that the title of this game is New Sakura Wars I wonder of this would be a good starting point as I never played a Sakura Wars game before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2