• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-ru Darkness Manga Returns in 1-Shot in May

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:37 am Reply with quote
Hopefully more to come, I did not know how much I appreciate the manga until it finished. Ironically, in the end, I become apathetic towards its signature fan-service, but the story is what kept me engaged until the end.
pikopika

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:42 am Reply with quote
Congratulations to fans of the To Love-ru series!
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:47 am Reply with quote
Great news! Can’t wait to see it and I hope that this means a fully-fledged sequel is coming quite soon.

pikopika wrote:
Congratulations to fans of the To Love-ru series!

Thank you. Thank you very much. Very Happy Laughing

Now I’m just wondering, since this is a one-shot, if Seven Seas would license and release it here as well. It would be very much appreciated if they did.
Derpinat0rz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:01 am Reply with quote
BEST NEWS!!!!
SEQUEL MANGA WHEN!?!?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 am Reply with quote
Come on Kentaro Yabuki, you can't be teasing us like this. we're eagerly await your next iteration of this series, please don't keep us waiting too long. Embarassed
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
gonna get the lube ready!
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 am Reply with quote
It's already ended? Two years ago? o__O
So... how'd it end?
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
It's already ended? Two years ago? o__O
So... how'd it end?

spoiler[Rito and Haruna both confessed to each other and are now going out, which would indicate a wrap up for the series as a whole, but BOTH seem the have inclined emotions on the being ok with having Lala join, which means the Harem Keikaku may prevail yet!]
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Tbh still waiting on Black Cat 2 that he said he wanted to do all those years ago...
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:48 pm Reply with quote
This is really good news to hear. It means that there is still more to tell in the story and that they are trying to see how fans react to this one-shot so they can decide what to do next.
Quote:
To Love-Ru -Trouble- Darkness manga writer Hasemi commented in the manga's final volume that while any future developments haven't yet been decided, the 18th volume was "not the final chapter" of To Love-Ru.

I hope this is still true. They can't keep us fans waiting for too long. I really hope Saki Hasemi took this time wisely to figure out what direction story-wise the next manga should go.

Right now, we still can't tell if XEBEC will animate the third season of To Love-Ru Darkness after its shake-up and recent merging with SUNRISE. I hope news on the anime comes soon whether its a new season by them OR if another studio gets the opportunity animate the manga, maybe even reboot the anime to the first manga.

In the meantime, Sentai Filmworks will release an English dub to that really big mess of a first season by making it sound enjoyable to listen to by the talented staff and voice cast. (I rather have Clint Bickham for Rito Yuki than Josh Grelle because he sounds much younger and he needs more MC roles (plus Rito Yuki and Issei Hyodou should NOT share the exact same voice, they're completely different characters after all).

P.S.: Anyone here ever watched the two episode abridged version of To Love-Ru by higherfuryx2? I just thought it was worth mentioning. Its pretty funny. I hope Sentai looks at it for inspiration.
Warriorz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
Extremely happy for this news! Thank you Yabuki Kentaro and Saki Hasemi for this wonderful gift Smile I am one the huge fan of to love ru series.. Hoping that this manga and anime will continue more further and longer with more interesting storyline.. Can't sleep well with the previous ending of the manga 2 years ago Crying or Very sad.. Please let the harem plan succeed hehe Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1