• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Police Arrest Man for Threatening NGT48 Idol Yuka Ogino

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Its about time the police start taking these threats seriously. These idiot "fans" need to learn that its not alright to do this shit. Hopefully this police reaction will catch on enough to discourage others doing the sending in more crap (fake or not).

I still remember that chick that got stabbed 30 times after warning the police that she was being harassed and them not doing anything about it. She lived but her life was ruined and all the police could do was apologize to her for not helping her out when she asked.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 am Reply with quote
If only they had arrested her too for sending her fans to attack Maho in her apartment. Ridiculous she's still with the group while the victim of the attack Maho had to graduate from NGT48.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 am Reply with quote
Man, why is this kind of threating message sending to famous idol groups is becoming so common. Can someone send an Answerman questions about this?
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:01 am Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Man, why is this kind of threating message sending to famous idol groups is becoming so common. Can someone send an Answerman questions about this?

I suspect it's not very common at all, but these days everyone knows much more about it thanks to the incredibly broad, and rapid, reach of the media. It's our knowledge of events which has increased, not the rate at which those events happen.

Any sort of celebrity attracts attention, and some tiny % of that attention will come from deliberate troublemakers as well as people with varying degrees of mental problems. There's nothing new about it.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:26 pm Reply with quote
ZODDGUTS wrote:
If only they had arrested her too for sending her fans to attack Maho in her apartment. Ridiculous she's still with the group while the victim of the attack Maho had to graduate from NGT48.
Makes me wonder if this is in retaliation to that.

It also makes me wonder if they would re-open that investigation, because it's seeming to be BS that they basically ignore that one, then follow up on this one...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1