• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Game Adds Ribrianne as DLC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Ribrianne is best girl. She’s a better character than Broly, at least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:58 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's one of the few DB characters almost everyone wouldn't mind seeing shanked of the face of the earth... Broly has fans at least. :v
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I'm pretty sure she's one of the few DB characters almost everyone wouldn't mind seeing shanked of the face of the earth... Broly has fans at least. :v

I'm still in the middle of watching DBZ for the 1st time but I plan on making it to Super just so I can meet Ribrianne and the rest of the magical girl squad they introduced. I've just seen bits and pieces but I love them all. I hope the rest of them get added to the game too!

How can she not have more fans? She just wants to attack you with her love and her fists.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
From my experience, people hate Ribrianne for at least one of three reasons:
1 - Damn she's annoying
2 - Eww she ugly
3 - She's not "kung-fu fighting man #274659" (in other words, she has unique moves)

I like Ribrianne and her two teammates...I just wish they didn't get ugly when they transformed. Yes, I know it's a parody of mahou shoujo, but still. Wink
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, for everyone who wants to be a Teletubby.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Yeah sure let’s go with that. Whatever makes you happy no matter how nonsense or illogical it is.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't like her but if they want to give Veronica Taylor more work who am I to say no?
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:

I'm still in the middle of watching DBZ for the 1st time but I plan on making it to Super just so I can meet Ribrianne and the rest of the magical girl squad they introduced. I've just seen bits and pieces but I love them all. I hope the rest of them get added to the game too!

How can she not have more fans? She just wants to attack you with her love and her fists.

Let's say this: she's a Precure parody. She is basically Cure Peach, more obsessed with love than even Cure Lovely, and she has Cure Honey's voice. Correction: Ribrianne is obsessed with love just as much as Cure Honey is obsessed with rice.

And she has the Pokémon attack Take Down...in form of Rollout. (It's a joke. She performs a Rollout, but says the Japanese name of the move Take Down.)
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping they get ArcSys to include her (and Kefla) for FighterZ' next season of DLC.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 am Reply with quote
ZodiacBeast wrote:

I like Ribrianne and her two teammates...I just wish they didn't get ugly when they transformed. Yes, I know it's a parody of mahou shoujo, but still. Wink

Don't worry if she becomes a staple in the video games eventually they'll forget this just like Zarbon's true form and Frieza's 3rd form
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Here's hoping they get ArcSys to include her (and Kefla) for FighterZ' next season of DLC.

If Ribrianne brings her teammates sure. Trio de Danger should also appear as a trio set (Basil is kicking assist, Lavenda is poison assist a la F.E.N.G., and Bergamo with a Lucario gimmick.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1