• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Internet Reacts to Pokémon Sword/Shield Monster Reveals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Now that one of the tweets brought up the idea of a Wooloo shearing mini-game, it makes me think that a similar one for Furfrou should have been a thing back in X and Y.

And also, if one used the Dynamax mechanic (which basically turns a Pokemon large and raises their stats among other things for 3 turns) on either Tyranitar, Volcarona, or Hydreigon, allusions to Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah respectively intensifies even further from there.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Considering recent Pokémon games are basically forcing you to the get the mascot Legendaries, I thought it'd be cool if the protags ended up saying/thinking things like this once they catch them in their respective versions:

"With this sword, I make a vow; to strike down any and all threats to the ones I hold dear."

"With this shield, I make a vow; to protect the ones I hold dear from any and all threats."
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Between these and the Sonia lewds it always amazes me how fast the internet works.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wooloo and Corviknight have definitely been my favorites of the new reveals. I'm always impressed with how fast Pokemon fanart comes out whenever there's a new Direct.

Last edited by Cardcaptor Takato on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freyanne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I know for certain Corviknight and Wooloo will have mandatory spots on my team. Love their design, and I am growing really fond of Sword Doggo legendary as well.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I need a Wooloo plushie NOW
Sekaro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
This all good and all but I'm surprised the Internet didn't quickly go make "fanart" of the new Pokemon Research Assistant. Good job for holding back, Internet... for now Wink
Freyanne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:59 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
This all good and all but I'm surprised the Internet didn't quickly go make "fanart" of the new Pokemon Research Assistant. Good job for holding back, Internet... for now Wink

Nah I'm pretty sure "that art" of her were made within that first hour or less.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:28 am Reply with quote
These fanarts are hilarious, i really love Wooloo too, its really the cutest Pokemon out there. Of course, Wooloo does look like Furfrou since it can cut its furs. Also, back when Furfrou was introduced in 2013 to the public, many people took a number of similarities to that of Absol, both of whom look familiar.

Also, i wonder what kind of catlike Pokemon will look like once when they are introduced, i am hoping they can meet their veteran cat-like Pokemon (Gen 7 had Litten, Torracat, Incineroar, Zeraora, Gen 6 had Espurr, Meowstic, Gen 5 had Purrlion, Liepard, Gen 4 had Glameow, Purguly, Gen 3 had Skitty, Delcatty, Gen 2 had ???, Gen 1 had Meowth, Persian, Mew, and Mewtwo).

But anyway, this looks really neat and they look cool, i am hoping there would be around 201 Pokemons, including the cross-generational Pokemon from Gen 6.

Even with their introduction, they are still subjected to NSFW, which is kinda unpleasant to the Game Freak and Nintendo companies. Sad
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 am Reply with quote
Freyanne wrote:
Sekaro wrote:

Nah I'm pretty sure "that art" of her were made within that first hour or less.

37 minutes to be exact, at least on the sites I follow.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I want a Wooloo
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1