• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
About the current survey.....

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:55 pm Reply with quote
It would have been helpful if there had been a field for (non-public) comments. There was a thing or 2 that I would have liked to have mentioned privately.
rawr+

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:12 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
It would have been helpful if there had been a field for (non-public) comments.

Quote says it all.

I wanted to suggest an additional option to just donate/pay a one-time flat amount. I don't care about any "subscriber benefits" or whatnot, just wanted to support the site that I've read for > 10 years in my own way. Whenever the call came out for users to support ANN, I went and looked at the options but I didn't see anything I wanted. For the record, I wanted to give 25 bucks. I'm pretty poor. Also, I still miss the cute animal pics that Zac would put at the end of Hey Answerman!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:51 pm Reply with quote
A Discord server wouldn't go amiss, if my say holds any weight on the matter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I agree that comments would have been nice (or at least a forum related thread).

Also, despite my vote, Evan is awesome Smile
Chickenpotatoes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:59 am Reply with quote
Perhaps ANN were looking for specific answers. Although it is a little weird to say that one is looking for feedback to improve, when there isn't a box to suggest improvements. I thought the "No answer" field covers things nicely if there is nothing that fits you. I wish more surveys have such an option.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
In terms of this survey, I had specific questions I was thinking about when I ran it, so, TBH, it just didn't occur to me to ask for general comments or to include "other" fields. I am genuinely interested in any feedback anyone wants to give on any of the questions asked in the survey. You can either post it here, or if you want to keep it private, PM me.

I generally don't like to ask for comments in surveys because I'm looking for statistical data and the comments and up requiring a huge amount of time to parse through. Too often when we allow "other" fields, too many people don't follow the format, so the data ends up being useless. Hell, I can't even get people to enter their year of birth correctly on our annual survey.

Question: What Year were you born? (4 digits, eg: 1992)
Answers I get: 92, 28, 192, Nov 4, 19992. HUNDREDS of these, and they mess up the median / average that I'm looking for, so I spend hours manually fixing the numbers.

I do intend to have a feedback thread added to all surveys, allowing people to comment on the surveys as a whole. I think that would promote more thoughtful responses than a field in the survey itself.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
Tempest

Regarding this survery:

Because of the last survey, I highlighted some questions which had answers that did not adequately reflect what I wanted to input and created a [dot]PDF file with my answers. Because I would like my answers to be private, is there an email address that I could mail my [dot]PDF file? Or would the furnished responses be of little use to you?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Your answers would be interesting to me if you think that they include answers that were missing, that a lot of people would have selected had they been on the survey and finally are reasonably actionable on our part.

You can send them to [email protected]

I'll scan them quickly when I have time, but please understand that I won't have time to reply to them.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 am Reply with quote
There was a survey mentioned on the main site on 13 December, animenewsnetwork.com/survey/841/ but it was already closed when I tried to access it today.

Life can be hectic and a one week minimum for a survey would help site users avoid missing them.

(Saw Mayumi Gojo, Tsuyoshi Matsubara, Kaori Hikita and See-Saw over the weekend and I'm back home again now).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1