• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gunjou no Magmel (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote

Gunjou no Magmel (TV)

Genres: Action, Adventure, Super Power, Fantasy, Shounen
Themes:

Plot Summary:
Quote:
One day in the middle of the pacific ocean a miracle occurred, a new continent appeared out of nowhere! The new continent was the home for new and mysterious plants, creatures and minerals!

Humanity is excited as the age of exploration has returned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
miketan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
this anime is Jurassic park style.

Inyou's fighting style seems formidable as he brings down big creatures so easily.

this anime is watchable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 am Reply with quote
Oh look, there was a topic for this.

Episode 13 (finale)

That was dumb. I did not really have any big expectations for this show, and yet the ending underperformed even that. I don't know if maybe it was a subtitle issue, but it really did not make any sense. The villain kidnapped Zero because she has a very powerful creation power, with Inyou coming to save her and he knows it. So we then find out that the villain syphoned the creation power from others where he was to be the most powerful in it, although that apparently did not also include taking Zero's, apparently the villain also killed all his underlings because finding a bunch of people willing to wear black cloaks and work a supervillain is really easy. The villain challenged Inyou to a creation fight to prove that he is superior, while also saying that Inyou is automatically superior, saying that he wants to test his powers, which apparently is just creating a sword and spiked bat while making Inyou just take it.

Zero then apparently just reveals that she can use her power to remove the shock collar as if she only just needed to try, and can use her awesome powers in the fight to help, because she is apparently that powerful. But really just uses her drone thing that she has used for the whole show, where the show keeps trying to convince us that this is what was all lead up to with teamwork where it teases us about a further plan, which is apparently just the same of her running (apparently finding a stock wooden rowboat), and him creating even bigger hands to destroy the villain and kill everyone that could have still possibly been alive in the facility like any of the children show earlier. Apparently a good wooden rowboat is great from a high tech facility which just full on explodes for distance out send out debris. Oh, and I forgot to mention the part where the villain eats a bunch of fruit and turns into a Resident Evil final boss. Because that happened.

This was a full on mess, a terrible anime that I don't think knew what it was doing. Its one big thing was the island, but the show never really tied together the magic powers to the island, making it feel like it was kind of confusing to make the final arc about it. It even tried to tie things together to have Inyou say something about finding out the secrets of Magmel with Zero, but that was never anything that was happening between these two. The main stories had Inyou not really wanting to go, only doing so reluctantly for money, with him apparently already understanding everything about the island. I think that there was something about his old master, but losing his master was not anything mysterious rather than being killed by what was thought of as a pet that the master had thoughts against but did or said nothing until it got him killed. I want to extra punctuate that this show in general had terrible characters, such as the main characters, where an entire episode was about them cruelly bullying a shopkeeper for absolutely no reason other than thinking that apparently torture is funny. It was that episode several episodes ago that made me really start to lose faith in it having bad taste.

It is not like every part of this show was bad, I did not even care when it seemed that the show gave up any sense of a greater narrative to instead have variable strange adventures. Occasionally the main character was not a total sociopath that consciously would do nothing when he knew people were about to be killed. Such example when he knew a bunch of rescue planes were about to be destroyed with its innocent pilots killed by monsters, would hint that he knew what was about to happen but said nothing. It is like some bastard idea of what looks cool to say something cryptic but not helpful as to tell the audience of adolescence who are not listened to are so right. But there were some moments that were not too bad.

Overall, this was a pretty terrible anime. The likes of having a bunch of death because that is so cool, but also a main character who wears a military uniform, but also dislikes authority. I think that it thinks that it was being cool with some sort of environmental message, but it never really lands that when the super power of the show is creating stuff and asked for lots of money, and characters need to be known by their boob size. It just kind of landed back on quirks that really were not that interesting. Its animation was not the worst, and it even approached maybe having an okay aesthetic, but it really not good. I give a rating of Not really good (4/10) but not a total waste of time either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1