• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gyo GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote
Good review. Gyo is a little bit lightweight compared to Museum Of Terror and Uzumaki but it's still well worth reading.
I just hope all this renewed interest in Junji Ito resulting from Viz's 2nd editions of Gyo and Uzumaki will result in a re-release for Flesh Colored Horror - or did all of the stories from that anthology find their way into volume 3 of Museum Of Terror?
driverstart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote
A good review and I can't agree more with what the overall score was on the story. I reviewed this title for another website and everything pretty much matches up with what I said.
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I really loved the first volume of Gyo - it was fantastic! Coincidently, I got Gyo vol. 2 in the post today :]
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Gyo didn't really scare me because, like most horrors I've seen/read, it was just really, really disgusting. What if that stuff happened IRL? I'd totally die of disgust... well, that's what most people are doing in the manga anyway. But I enjoyed the first volume and am pleased with the review. (I agree that the premise behind the story is a little silly.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Monumension

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm. Personally I feel that Gyo is clearly Ito's weakest work. The most serious annoyances become evident first in the second volume though, so I shouldn't complain too much about it here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1