• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Violet Evergarden Gaiden Side Story Anime's Trailer Reveals Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:33 am Reply with quote
First off, this looks as beautiful as I expected. And the story seems to be as painful as I expected lol. And that voice acting is already S+ tier! Really excited to see this...

Second, a lot of people on YouTube are getting overly excited because of this trailer. Saying things like "KyoAni is back!!" and "Come back already?!". But given how soon it's been (and the early August premiere of the finished movie), it's very obvious this was already finished before the arson. I hope people won't get their expectations of a "Come back" too high because of this. KyoAni will likely need years for true "Come back". Let's let them have the time they need without expecting too much
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:25 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, it won't be too long until this side story gets added on Netflix. Any ways to watch it officially should help them. And I would have watch it anyways since I do like the show despite the rough edges.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 am Reply with quote
I so looking forward to watching this. I cannot wait for it to be released here where I am. I watched the trailer and it was awesome
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, it seemed to me that this trailer was just crowded with Yamada vibes. Is it because of the gentle-passionate atmosphere and girl's school themes? In any case, this story has potential if they decide to turn it into a film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1