• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Lost In Space

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:05 pm Reply with quote
....I am sorry but astra is really weak (at least in the beginning for me) . I am all for shows with characters that are cliche to start and then bring them into their own, but even this show is way to much like that and doesn't really do enough to change them. Even the story itself and it's world is super generic to me (based on the first 4 episodes).

which is really sad since I really wanted to love this series but I can't get into it, and apparently I'm not the only one. I would really call maidens, vinland saga, fire force, dumbbell, or doctor stone to be far far stronger and way more popular then astra for good reason. They have much stronger characters (for the most part), plot, animation, educational/world building.

Also unrelated note but is something being done about all the errors if you are on the non subscriber ann and try to access the forms. there are a ton of mediafire errors.
CheerSong

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Rather enjoyed the reminiscing on classic Rumiko Takahashi titles. Good old middle Tendo sister Nabiki! She was an icon.
Jen Bigby

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:24 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
....I am sorry but astra is really weak (at least in the beginning for me) . I am all for shows with characters that are cliche to start and then bring them into their own, but even this show is way to much like that and doesn't really do enough to change them. Even the story itself and it's world is super generic to me (based on the first 4 episodes).

which is really sad since I really wanted to love this series but I can't get into it, and apparently I'm not the only one. I would really call maidens, vinland saga, fire force, dumbbell, or doctor stone to be far far stronger and way more popular then astra for good reason. They have much stronger characters (for the most part), plot, animation, educational/world building.

You should try Sket Dance. Same creator, but much much better with stronger characters and writing since it focuses more on drama and comedy. I was also disappointed in Astra and didn't like it anywhere near as much as Shinohara's previous work.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:42 am Reply with quote
@Tanteikingdomkey

I am not trying to force you to like Astra Lost in Space because everyone has different tastes. But I think it is not fair to the show to try to evaluate it based on its first 4 episodes.

When Astra started aired some people commented that the story started slow, but it got better overtime. I personally liked Astra Lost in Space from start to finish. The characters are well written and easy to root for To me it has an opportunity to be a top 10 show for this year.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 am Reply with quote
Haven't listened yet,but I do wish you stuck with having a time code for these.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
@Tanteikingdomkey

I am not trying to force you to like Astra Lost in Space because everyone has different tastes. But I think it is not fair to the show to try to evaluate it based on its first 4 episodes.

There is a limit to how much time I can give to a show that is not doing enough for me.

And I actually did try sket dance and got bored because it is a less funny gintama and I could just watch gintama if I wanted that.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:41 am Reply with quote
I am enjoying the little pre-opening parody introductions to the podcast quite a lot.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:32 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
there are a ton of mediafire errors.

Um, mediafire is a file locker site. I think you meant Cloudflare? Laughing Anyway, as you can tell, it's been fixed. Though I'm still getting a ton of general error messages trying to access anything, but that's been going on for ages now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1