• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bushiroad Invests in Theater Troupe to Adapt its Works as Stage Plays

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:37 am Reply with quote
With Bushi's actions over the last few years, it makes me wonder if this is where the production committee model will start to die. Between them, Kadokawa and KyoAni its starting to feel more and more is company-driven rather than committee driven. Hell, we even have Cygames who have crossed the mobage and anime markets, while arguably also dipping into music.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
After Gekidan Hikōsen merged with Eigeki in 2016, the troupe also started performing "2.5-D musicals."

Okay, titles? Also the quotes make it sound like the writer of this article doesn't understand that that term means anime-based or anime-related.

Quote:
The company stated it is recognizing more and more the importance of stage plays for its properties.

Yes, pretty much. They're not the only ones.

Stage plays are as important as anime now, and anyone who ignores them is only getting half the picture of the industry. It's no different from ignoring video games. You can't say they're not important.
Millhi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:46 am Reply with quote
Lynx Raven Raide wrote:
With Bushi's actions over the last few years, it makes me wonder if this is where the production committee model will start to die. Between them, Kadokawa and KyoAni its starting to feel more and more is company-driven rather than committee driven. Hell, we even have Cygames who have crossed the mobage and anime markets, while arguably also dipping into music.

but each one of those (kadokawa, kyoani,...) still use the production committee system in the end.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I bet Bushiroad's other IPs could get Revue Starlight-ified, or something like that.
zenbud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Raven Raide wrote:

All of those companies still use the committee system though? If you look at the committee on every season, you'll see them there on different positions of funding.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
Lynx Raven Raide wrote:

but each one of those (kadokawa, kyoani,...) still use the production committee system in the end.
But more and more the parent owns the companies within that committee, rather than being a bunch of companies getting together. In the case of Kado and Kyo, they are adapting material from their print side, in the case of Bushi creating their own products and using their subsidiaries to work on them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1