• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reiko Yoshida, Mia Ikumi Launch Tokyo Mew Mew 2020 Re-Turn Short Manga in December

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm instantly more interested in this TMM revival now that the original authors are making a new sequel separate from that other spin off, assuming this features the return of the main cast. I just hope this will eventually lead to something more than two chapters as I would love to see a new TMM series. I also wonder with it being only two chapters if we'll get to read this in English.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:48 pm Reply with quote
If this proves to be popular, then I want there to be more chapters than this, have a new manga with the original cast, call me picky, but if there's a new Tokyo Mew Mew manga, I'd want it to just be Ichigo, Mint, Lettuce, Bu-ling, Zakuro, or heck, even Ringo from the PS1 game could appear again.
Hika Yagami

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
2020 seems to be a pretty big year for Mew Mew. I also noticed that all 52 episodes are available to purchase on this site for streaming as well (Not sure if it's region locked though):
https://anime.dmkt-sp.jp/animestore/ci_pc?workId=23122&ref=twtr
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:08 pm Reply with quote
It probably won’t come as a surprise that I really hope Berry is still included.
mulletZERO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
My childhood is making a comeback!! Really interested in seeing how Mia Ikumi's art has changed. I've always felt that the original art aged quite well
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:27 am Reply with quote
Mew Berry wrote:
It probably won’t come as a surprise that I really hope Berry is still included.

I do as well.... I like Berry so hearing the backlash had me wondering why. She is an amazing character!
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I also wonder with it being only two chapters if we'll get to read this in English.

I was thinking this too. If only they were two chapters long enough to be released as a whole volume... but they could get released as bonuses in the volumes of Ore, which I'd like to think has a good chance of being licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1