• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova - Re:Birth Smartphone Game Ends Service on January 31

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly251

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:33 am Reply with quote
assuming it failed due to having to compete with a certain other mobile ship game?
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I think Azur lane is running away with it..

Shame, I enjoyed the arpeggio series, and Kantai was a joke.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Arpeggio is by far the better all-around ship-girl series. But Azur Lane quintupled down on the lewd skins thing and coupled it with an at least competent global release strategy. Even if you can argue Arpeggio didn't gain enough domestic traction to push for a global release, that certainly was not the case for Kancolle, which basically dropped the ball when it had a wide open shot. Story wise, AL is barely any better than Kancolle, which made a mess of its continuity by trying to encompass the disparate works of too many other folks, an issue AL has less problem with given its smaller ecosystem of content. Arpeggio's story, however, is better overall, again because it did not let itself fray the way Kancolle did, and is more focused and consistent than AL's.

I hope to see more from Arpeggio in the future.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I just hope the manga keeps going. Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova is better story than Kancolle or Azur Lane. But popularity of the slightly less realistic Kancolle and Azur Lane seem to be too strong in gaming market to survive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1