• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! Author's Baby Daughter is Already an Anime Watcher

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:13 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Your post was nothing but troll bait and has been removed. ~ Psycho 101

Saying that someone posting pictures of their child on the internet is "weird and creepy" isn't troll bait

Last edited by MarthKoopa on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed he's been posting about his kid a lot lately, lol. He seems like quite the doting father.
Imagine having a childhood surrounded by Ai Hinatsuru merch... xD
Digi_Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Look's like a captive audience. Very Happy
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
He was a fledgling author and she a newly appointed bookstore employee when they met. Someone had tweeted about a bookstore in Kobe which had put his first volume on prominent display and he went there to check it out. Apparently the clerk had become an instant fan of his works reading it there(before due date) and they got to talk a lot.
For a while the two lost contact, but when time came for him to have signing session for a later volume in his own hometown, it happened that she had been reassigned there at some point, and at that point they really hit it of.

Three years to the day they first met, they married. Truly a match made in heaven. All of this and more is detailed in the afterword to volume 8.

And the icing on the cake, she's seven years younger than him, the exact age gap as between Yaichi and Hinatsuru in The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:08 am Reply with quote
And just like that most of this thread is gone. This is not a discussion on the KyoAni tragedy, censorship or social commentary on Japan, and it's sure as hell not some moral flag flying soapbox. Seriously what is wrong with some of you? It's a simple interest piece of a father being happy to be a father. Stay on topic or don't post. The various moral and social commentary is done with.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
And just like that most of this thread is gone. This is not a discussion on the KyoAni tragedy, censorship or social commentary on Japan, and it's sure as hell not some moral flag flying soapbox. Seriously what is wrong with some of you? It's a simple interest piece of a father being happy to be a father. Stay on topic or don't post. The various moral and social commentary is done with.

Sorry I'm kinda new here. What was wrong with my post? I'd like to know so I can try to avoid any mistakes in the future.
reanimator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:43 am Reply with quote
@Psycho 101
Good thing that you cleaned up threads. It seems like those people have a chip on their shoulder and somehow they blew up at a slightest thing.

Anyway, I remember seeing a tweet from Soranews 24 about a toddler getting happy watching K-On. It's darn cute seeing little kids who watch cartoons we grown-ups love.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1