• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga Encyclopedia - Prioritize adding Licensed series?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpossibles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:08 am Reply with quote
I know that it's probably not possible to add all the licensed series at once, but it would be cool for ANN to prioritize adding licensed series in English to the Encyclopedia.

Is this done by a volunteer or something? The site is the only place to add localization credits before a series is officially released (ComicVine does not upload a volume before its official release date and it's more difficult to view credits easily since you have to click through to an individual volume & their website has a longer loading time than ANN). Sometimes credit pages aren't available in pdf review copies and people who worked on it can add credits early to ANN. In addition, the ease of adding credits is a much simpler process.

For example, I feel like "7-nin no Shakespeare (manga)" has been sitting at the top for months, despite it getting licensed by Comixology and ANN doing an article on it. The series exists on ComicVine.

Another example, Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku has been licensed by Viz since May 2018 but is still on the waiting list to get approved for an encyclopedia entry. A manga reviewer for another reputable comics news site had to ask on Twitter for the localization credits for Hell's Paradise volume 1 since Viz did not include them in their pdf review copy and the entry wasn't up on ComicVine (since it's not officially released yet), not on the Viz website (never includes localization credit on their site), or ANN (encyclopedia entry was and still is not available).

I hope someone can at least approve these 2 series and various other licensed ones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1