• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:41 am Reply with quote

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit (TV)

Genres: Action, Police
Themes:

Plot Summary:
Quote:
A long time ago dragons ruled a world of elves, dwarves, vampires, homunculi, and humans. In the present dragons have all but disappeared, so the ones left chose to live together, and their appearance came to resemble that of humans. The year 2x19 in Tokyo is mostly a time of peace, but a group called the Nine cause chaos in their quest to obtain the dragons' powers and change the world. The police form a unit consisting of various experts to fight against Nine; the Special Crime Investigation Unit - Special 7 (Tokunana). These individuals have abilities that surpass the average human, to the extent that there are rumors of rebellion against them. A rookie, Seiji Nanatsuki, enters the unit. While teased by other members with colorful personalities, he sets out to solve cases involving Nine with his bright mind and straightforward thinking. Will he be able to find justice in the most grueling circumstances?

(Source: MAL News)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

This was mostly a regular cop show ep, with a tiny bit of supernatural stuff, but more of a interrogate and "run down the leads" investigation, involving a bit of internet work that would fit in our world today. I was pleasantly surprised. There was a chase and a street fight, and I get a vibe that there may be more to the main character than meets the eye, - wow, he can punch with his fist- but nothing obvious yet.

The MC's superior tells him that Section 7 was a supernatural squad, but society is now too peaceful in that regard, so they have to steal work from the regular cops. So there may be more regular cases, maybe.

There is also the introduction of the staff to the new guy, with a small bit of humor. The boss ( code name 'Boss' ) reminds me a lot of the boss from Double Decker. He has code names for everyone, but most don't like them. And our MC is a rookie, so his code name has to be 'Rookie', which he dislikes but his partner is going to call him that anyway. The staff is a cross section with a part dwarf who is quite large, an info broker who is an elf, the vampire with a sorta samurai top-knot and a sword, a small girl who is the tech but is an homunculus and actually older than the MC, and the op shows the Boss has a small cute dragon. Which could make a cute plushie if the show is a big success, I suppose. The MC's partner is called 'Charisma' Ichinose, because of his skill in interrogating people. He gets visions of things when he talks to people. Not sure if he fits into a particular type of supernatural entity.

We get a hint in the op and at the end that there is A Greater Plot Afoot, maybe with a Big Bad, but nothing definitive yet.

Overall, I liked it. It could become a character driven show if they choose to take it that way.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Post season one, Funimation now has an episode labeled OVA 0.5 up. Nantsuki ( Rookie ) finds a file about an investigation into Nijo ( elf guy ), and we get a flashback to when he joined the group. A bit more of a cop show this time.

I thought it was ok. So the show still has some life in it, I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1