• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Your Eternity Anime Delayed to April 2021 Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catbot158

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Wow, only a few weeks before its premiere and it gets delayed 6 months. Bummer, but understandable.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Total bummer was hyped to see this too just a few days ago
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Did not see that coming at all. Must be lacking in staff members. Not every anime is completely made before airing, if they hadn't delayed it might have ended up like Millionaire detective where they had to delay it for the next season after a few episodes. And seeing that it was supposed to be a 2 cour anime, it was a big risk to take if they went into production and couldn't meet up with the deadline.
Morry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:03 am Reply with quote
This will probably be the norm for the next year. More surprising is that it is only 20 episodes.
Junovm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:40 am Reply with quote
That makes no sense. Theyve released a new trailer just a few days ago. Who plans sht this way?
dany_elle1908

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:30 am Reply with quote
This is very odd. I just saw two days sgo the official trailer. I think c19 is just a poor excuse for not meeting the deadline.
Better later, good than bad now although.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
This is confusing to me as other shows are still airing this fall without issue but I guess every studio has a different working environment and some are safer to return to than others and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Junovm wrote:
That makes no sense. Theyve released a new trailer just a few days ago. Who plans sht this way?

No they didn't. That 'new' Crunchyroll trailer was the same trailer that got released back in March. The fact that the 'new' trailer was all they had to show a month before release made the delay less surprising.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Brains-Base, huh.

The studio catapulted itself onto the scene with Baccano! in 2007 and Kurenai in 2008. It then focused on Durarara. After that it fell off the charts. (Akikan might have had something to do with that, too.) Now it appears to be coming back with a vengeance, first releasing In/Spectre and now apparently this show as well. Brains-Base always had good musical tastes from the haunting "Calling" that was the ED for Baccano! to Kurenai's OP "Love Jump," and now with In/Spectre's ED "Last Dance" with Miyano Mamoru, my favorite OP/ED of 2020.

(Why is so much of Kurenai still under lock-and-key twelve years after the show appeared? The scenes in the video at Nico come from the sequel OVA which is much more comedic and over-the-top than the original series.)
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:08 pm Reply with quote
dany_elle1908 wrote:
This is very odd. I just saw two days sgo the official trailer. I think c19 is just a poor excuse for not meeting the deadline.
Better later, good than bad now although.

Same. I could see a month delay, maybe two... But SIX? Just say it's not done..
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Both expected and unexpected. Expected given the current state of things. Unexpected because we are very close to October.

Just hope the cast and crew is staying healthy and safe.

I know people are excited for Fire Force, Dungeon Girls, Haikyuu and Noblesse. But this was the show I was most looking forward to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1